{Kanan Jarrus} All I See Is You [Request]

Over the past two days, you had been helping Chopper and Hera with the Phantom, rerouting the auxiliary power to the hull, giving it the ability to overcharge and electrify the hull, just like the Ghost. Since Chopper was going on more missions with the ground team, you had volunteered up to learn the ins and outs of both  ships. That meant long nights and early mornings whenever any problems arose.

     This morning, you decided to start early and see if you couldn't finish the task before Hera even woke up. Too much was running through your mind, and this seemed like a useful pass time activity to occupy your thoughts. It was working rather well, until you heard the cargo ramp open. No one else should be up at this ungodly hour. Are we under attack?

     Dropping your Harris wrench, you unholstered your blaster pistol and slowly crept towards the cargo bay, careful not to alert the intruder of your presence. Once you reached the cargo bay, you realized that a figure stood alone in the shadows. You assumed they weren't facing you because they didn't react, but you carefully made your way over to them. Just before you reached them, you heard a familiar voice call out. "Ya know, sneaking up on a Jedi is nearly impossible." Kanan.

"True, but how am I supposed to know whether an intruder is a Jedi or not?" You jokingly asked. You hadn't expected a real response.

"By the way they flinch when you mention the Jedi." Kanan turned to face you, a sad look on his face.

Trying to change the subject, you questioned him, "What are you doing up this early? I thought I was the only one up at this hour."

     He didn't reply this time. He just looked out at the stars. You walked over to stand beside him, noticing the glassy look in his eyes as a tear ran down his cheek. "Kanan?"

     "____, tell me something," he suddenly responded. "What do you see when you look at the stars?"

     You were slightly thrown off, "What do I see?" Shaking your head, you looked up at the Lothal sky, sparkling with shining stars. Immediately, you are transported back to when you joined the Rebellion and when you met Kanan and the rest of the Ghost crew. You saw the warm, welcoming smile of Spectre One as you came on board. You let out a small laugh as a tear of happiness streamed down your face. "You. I see you, Kanan."

     He smiled and slipped his hand into yours, "And I see you, ____." He pulled you into his arms and just holds you. "____, I-I've never felt this way towards anyone I've ever known, but I...I love you."

You held him tighter, "And I love you."

For the rest of the night, the two of you spent the night looking at the stars, sharing memories and stories. When Hera finally stirred, she felt the cold breeze coming in from the cargo bay and saw you asleep on Kanan's shoulders. The Twi'lek smiled to herself, If she makes him happy, that's all I could ask for.

author's note:
I used to be an avid Rebels hater, but if I'm honest, I love it just as much as Clone Wars. I'm at the start of season 3. (It took me a week to recover from season 2 finale). If you guys hadn't requested Kanan, Ezra, and the Grand Inquisitor (which is almost finished, I promise), I don't know if I'd ever have started watching it. So thank you guys 💙
May the Force be with you!
- Sarah