{Finn} Loathe or Love?

"You moon-jockey, that plan is gonna get us all killed!"
"Well then, Ms. Know-It-All, you draw up a better one."
"I will. Watch me."
You huffed and made your way to the holotable. This mission is suicide if we don't plan it just right. Why can't Big Deal get that through his thick skull? You pulled up the layout of the First Order base and began sharing your plan with the small infiltration squad going in with you.
You point to the drop off zone, "We will drop off here and split into pairs of two, making our way through the city as civilians, with our weapons concealed beneath our ponchos. When we all reach the walls of the base, we will cause a diversion. I need my fastest pilots to hop on speeder bikes and cause some commotion by the main gate. That will draw the reinforcements to your position, giving the rest of us time to use grappling hooks to scale the wall. Once inside, Finn, BB-8, and I will go in and extract to decryption module."
     Other fighters were nodding their heads, agreeing with your plan, but Finn shoots it down almost immediately, "It'll never work. A simple distraction like that isn't going to draw enough attention. We need to stick together." You look at him, dumbfounded.
     "So you'd still rather put all of us at risk than follow the plan that we seemingly agree on?"
     Finn shifts uncomfortably but sarcastically responds, "Well, I didn't hear anyone agree. A few nodding heads doesn't prove you're right."
     You walk over to him, almost getting in his face and saying just loud enough for him to hear, "We are not stormtroopers. We are not expendable to this Resistance. In my book, the better plan is always the plan where we can spare the most people. Your plan is suicide." You storm off down the hallway.
"____, I—" Finn tried to correct himself, but you didn't let him.
"Don't. If that's the way you think is best, go ahead, but I won't be going. Goodbye Finn, I hope for once in my life I'm wrong." You turn around long enough to make your peace. Then, you leave the control room, in tears.
On your way back to your quarters, Poe Dameron notices your state and comes to help. "Hey ____, what's up?"
You shake your head, "I don't wanna talk right now." You blow him off and continue storming to your room. Poe is left scratching his head. What in the name of Skywalker just happened? He tries to think about where you could've come from. Finally, it hits him. Finn. With that, he sprints into the control room, to find a dark, empty room, except for a single man, leaned over the holotable, hands in his hair and tears streaming down his face.
     You finally reach your quarters and sigh, sitting on your bed with your hands over your face. I don't understand what is running through his brain. Why does he hate me so much? It's not like I want him to hate me, but everything he does is out of spite of me.
All of the sudden, you hear someone pounding on your door. Knock. Knock. "____, I know you're in there. I will bust down this door if I have to."
"Go away, Poe. I said I don't wanna talk."
To your surprise, the door bursts open, but instead of Poe Dameron standing in the doorway, you see Finn, fidgeting with his jacket as he tries to make eye contact. Immediately, you turn away, "Finn. I should've known. Come to antagonize me further?"
"____..."
Frustrated, you stand to your feet and accusingly glare at him, "But that's what you're trained to do though isn't it? Keep fighting, even when you've already won. No mercy, no surrender." You realize you've gone too far almost instantly.
He glances to the floor, for once not being able to deny your accusation. He closes his eyes for a moment and takes a deep breath before he turns his gaze to you and lets his thoughts out, "You're right."
This statement catches you off guard. "What?" you ask in unbelief.
He stands up straighter and repeats his statement with more confidence, "You're right. About the plan, my training, all of it. I was wrong."
     He's admitting I'm right, but that's not why there are tear stains in his eyes. That's not the reason his hair looks like he's been running his hands through it. What's really going on?
Gently, you walk over to him and place a hand on his right arm, "Finn, what's really wrong? I know you enough to know that you don't cry unless something is really bringing you down."
With watery eyes, he almost whispers, "I-I...____, there's a reason I've always hated you." This causes you to lower your hand from
his arm, but he catches it in his left hand, "When I came to base, I had no one except for Poe. I was lost all of the time but only one person offered to help, you. You helped me fit in, made me feel like despite who I was that I could belong somewhere. However, I...I began to notice my feelings for you. I knew you were out of my league, so I taught myself to hate you, to loathe you, but despite my best efforts, I can't help but..." He stops as if he's afraid.
You give him a reassuring smile and take his right hand in your left, "But what?"
"But...I can't help but love you."
You smile, finally able to know how the Resistance hero feels about you. It's all you need to hear to confess, "Finn, I feel the same. I made you my enemy, just to hide my feelings for you, because I thought you were the one who was out of my league. I'm just a soldier. You're a Resistance hero. You're a 'big deal.'"
"You're more than a soldier, ____." With that, he pulls you into his chest, just holding you while tears stream down your face.
You're more than a soldier. I can't help but love you. These words you've never been told before bounce inside your head, making you feel as if you've found the one place you've searched your whole life for, home.
Poe Dameron chooses this moment to burst in, "Y'all good yet? I need that plan to present before the General in five minutes."
You chuckle, looking up at Finn, "Yeah, I think we are."
Finn nods in agreement, "We are. We'll be following ____'s plan."
You swell with pride and grin. Poe rolls his eyes, "Alright you two. Five minutes, then report to the Command center. If I don't see you, you'll both be demoted, got it?" Despite his joking tone, you both hear the underlying threat.
"Got it, Commander." You and Finn day in unison.
Poe lifts an eyebrow before walking off, "Now that's gonna be a problem."
When Poe finally leaves, Finn presses his lips to your forehead, "So, ____, the choice is up to you, loathe or love me?"
You pretend to think it over before laughing, "Love. Without a doubt."

A/N Soooooo, this was supposed to be a request, but the more I wrote, the more I strayed from the actual request. So Favengers1 I will write one that fits your prompt more adequately, I promise.
May the Force be with you!
- Sarah
p.s. I understand there is a lot of unrest in the world right now concerning the tragic events of the past week or so. Please stay safe and informed during this time. I love you all ♥️.