{Poe Dameron} Rewrite the Stars

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
I know you want me
So don't keep saying your hands are tied

It's a late work night for you. As a mechanic, there's always something to fix. Tonight, your project is Black One. You've waited until you know his shift is over to begin working on none other than Poe Dameron's beloved X-Wing.
Recently, the Resistance's golden boy has been mercilessly flirting with you every chance he gets. Unbeknownst to him, you enjoy his company, but you know deep down anything more than small flirting would be a disaster. Besides, mechanics and famous star pilots just don't mix, so you have had to simply shrug off every one of his attempts to charm his way to your heart.

You say it's not in the cards
That fate is pulling you miles away and out of reach of me
But still your here in my heart
So who can stop me if I decide that
You're my destiny

As you work on Black One, you are startled by a familiar voice, "Hey ____." You hit your head on the X-Wing as you sit up quickly. "Woah there tiger." He says as he rushes to your side.
You look up at him and start to get lost in his deep chocolate-brown eyes. "You took a hit there. You okay?" You snap back into reality. All you can do is nod.
"Good, I can't have my best mechanic in the medbay with a concussion. Who would fix my ship?" He jokes.
Not in the mood, you reply, "Or you could simply fix it yourself."
Poe is taken aback. He's noticed the way you cold shoulder him every time he attempts to talk to you, but he's not giving up just yet. "Maybe, but then I wouldn't get to see you."
You shake you head and finally gain the courage to say everything you've wanted to tell him, "I don't know why you've chosen me to mercilessly flirt with, but it's not going to work out. I'm a simple mechanic. You are the poster boy of the Resistance. In no universe does it work for us to be together." You go back to working on the starfighter.

What if we rewrite the stars
Say you were meant to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you and it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be

Poe pulls up a cart and gets under the X-Wing with you. "____, I chose you because I can see who you really are behind this front you put up. You are selfless by taking shifts for others whenever they ask. You are kind by taking the time to talk to every droid you fix, whether it be installing a new motherboard or simply straightening antennae. And despite giving me the cold shoulder, you are loving." At this statement you stop working and simply look at Poe as he continues, "I know this because on several occasions, my pilots come to me and there isn't a whole lot I can say, but they come back from a conversation from you and it's like they can see color for the first time. They tell me that you are understanding, compassionate, yet firm. Those qualities in you make up the beautiful, radiant girl I can't seem to get it if my head. Who cares if others say it won't work. We get to choose how we write our story." You have tears running down your face. You never realized just how much attention he paid to you. You both slide out from under the X-Wing. "What do ya say tiger? Want to give this a try?"
You smile and say, "Absolutely." Poe grins from ear to ear as you both stand up and embrace. That night Poe stays with you as you fix his ship and despite your protests, carries you back to your quarters bridal style. You fall asleep that night happier than you've ever been.

So why don't we rewrite the stars
Changing the world to be ours tonight

A/N There's my first one-shot! I hope you all enjoy it half as much as I did writing it. With Christmas Break, I will go ahead and update as much as possible. When school starts back, I'll slow down, but enjoy while it lasts.
May the Force be with you!
- Sarah