Ch.9 Mathew

-Third pov

Jason couldn't stop admiring the sculptures and pots Y/n made. Out of all the pieces at the art show, hers were his favorite. He couldn't hold back his pride knowing that he taught her. He stood eagerly waiting for the judge to pick out a winner for the pots and sculptures on display.

"Hey Jason." A voice said before he felt Y/n hug him.

"I'm so glad that you made it." She said before letting go. Jason smiled as he rested a hand on her shoulder.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world. Your creations are amazing and flawless." He said before looking back at the table to see Y/n's sculptures and pots get first prize.

"Even the judge thinks so." He said while laughing slightly before looking back at her.

"I'm proud of you Y/n." He finished making Y/n smile even more.

"I couldn't have done it without you Jason." She replied before hearing someone calling her. She turned around while Jason looked to see a boy approaching them. The boy looked past them to see the ribbon resting by Y/n's creations.

"I knew you could do it Y/n." He said before kissing her cheek. She smiled, happy that he made it as well. Jason tensed up a little from the boy's actions, but managed to relax when Y/n turned to face him.

"Jason, this is my boyfriend Mathew. Mathew this is my best friend Jason." Y/n said while standing next to her boyfriend. Jason smiled from her saying that he was her best friend. It was a title he proudly bared.

"I don't think I've seen you before." Mathew said. Jason felt a little irritated hearing his voice.

"I live outside of the city. The city is not really my thing." Jason said calmly. He looked around before sighing.

"There's a lot of art to look at. You two go ahead. I'll se you later Y/n." He said before they hugged. Mathew wrapped an arm around Y/n as they walked away. Jason knew that it was bound to happen sooner or later. A man would try to win her heart. She is a young woman now. Her heart longs for another type of love that a friend like him can't provide.

-Your pov

"What I don't understand is why I always see Jason in these dreams." I said before the waiter came with our food. Maria just got back from her break yesterday. I'm glad she's back. We've been in touch over the phone, but it's not the same as actually hanging out.

"Well, you and Jason have been seeing each other a lot ever since you first met. I can tell you really like him beyond friends. I think that why you see him. He's the last thing you think about before falling asleep." She replied before we started eating. Her explanation made since. Seems like dreams do that, but they normally don't do this as often as mine. It's like a story going through my mind. Each night a different chapter. I smiled a little.

"That boy you mentioned when we were on the phone. I think he's playfully flirting with you." I said before Maria smiled.

"He messes with me a lot. I get annoyed, but I can't stay mad at him." She replied before taking another bite.

"I think you like him. He obviously likes you." I said before she laughed a little.

"Ya it's obvious alright." She said. I was a little curious about him.

"What does he look like?" I asked before she froze. She struggled to speak for a moment.

"I I don't have a picture of him. He's pretty tall. He has black hair and s- shirt. He always wears black." She said. Her words came out a little slower than normal. It was almost as if she doesn't know how to describe him. I decided to not push the topic further. We quietly finished eating before chatting some more. It seemed like something was bothering her. I didn't ask, but I wish I did when I got home. I'll just have to ask her next time I see her.

-Jason pov

"You can't procrastinate on this Jason. The longer we wait, the worse the outcome might be." Maria said as I continued to pace. It's been a few days since Y/n's last dream. Every dream Y/n had made me anxious.

"Maria, give me a little more time." I begged before Maria sighed. 

"I'm sorry Jason, but I can't put these off for much longer. I've already given you nine days.        I have to do this one." She replied. I felt every part of me shaking.

"But it leads to what I did. To the lie I told her. And do you know what that leads to?" I said as I felt my form change from the overwhelming anxiety. I looked at the blue door and took a deep, but shaky breath.

"What if history repeats?" I whispered before looking back at Maria. I could see tears forming in her eyes. I could tell that this was overwhelming for her as well. That she had the same fears I have.

"What if I-" I said before my breath hitched. I felt tears fall from my eyes as I continued to uncontrollably shake. My mind was taking me down a path revealing my greatest fear. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't turn around.