Ch.7 Comforter

-Third pov

Jason smiled from the sound of the door opening and closing. Y/n was finally home from school. His smile quickly faded from the sound of her crying. He immediately stopped what he was doing and rushed to the hall.

"Stop crying or else I'll do worse." Jason's friend whispered.

"I'm trying Gabby." Y/n whimpered before Jason turned the corner to see Gabby punch Y/n's arm. He froze at the sight of Y/n being hurt. It infuriated him. He couldn't control it. Gabby and Y/n gasped when they saw Jason in front of them.

"J-Jason. I I didn't-" Gabby stuttered as fear took hold of her.

"Didn't what? Didn't what Gabby?!" Jason said as his form started to change in front of them.

"It's not what it looks like!" Gabby said as she started backing up. Y/n couldn't get herself to move as Jason matched each of Gabby's steps back with steps forward. Jason's gaze softened when he looked at Y/n.

"Y/n, you might want to go to your room and play with Mr. Gluten, Bunny and Liquorish. Play some music." He said with a tense, but gentle tone. Y/n hesitantly nodded her head and walked towards her room while Jason turned back to Gabby.

"There's a brat that needs fixing up." He finished before grabbing Gabby's arm. Y/n ran into her room and held onto her toys tightly. Liquorish poked the play button to get music started. Y/n's curiosity grew so she carefully opened the door just enough to see what was happening. Jason was pouring hot melted wax on Gabby. She was screaming in pain. Y/n couldn't look away from the scene in front of her. She was seeing an entirely different side of Jason. She looked over at the table with rows of wax dolls.

"I see it now." She whispered before Gabby's cries stopped and was eventually turned into a wax doll like the others. Jason's breathing changed. He was starting to cry as he looked down at his new creation. Y/n felt tears threatening to fall. He didn't want to do that to Gabby, but in his eyes, he felt that there was no choice. Y/n took a deep breath before stepping out of her room and slowly making her way towards Jason. Jason froze when he felt Y/n hug him. She wasn't afraid.

"H-how long has she been hurting you?" He asked softly. Y/n was hesitant to answer.

"Ever since you brought her here." She whispered before Jason sighed.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked silently.

"Because she told me not to. Because I was scared."  She replied before hugging him tighter.

"Because you deserve friends Jason." Y/n finished before letting go. Jason turned around and faced her. His form turned back as he slowly got on one knee. It was silent for a while before he smiled and wrapped his arms around her.

"You are the only friend I need, Y/n."

-Your pov

"It was horrifying, yet sweet." I said before biting my lip.

"It makes me wonder what kind of person he really is." I finished while my mind wandered to multiple places about Jason. I didn't like any of them. I only hope that my assumptions are not true.

"I think it means that he cares about you. That he wants to protect you." Maria said. Her reassurance helped some, but I was still unsure about what to think.

"I had another dream a few nights ago about supposedly younger me going to my first day of school. He was very supportive, but that was before this one. And after that day we hung out, I don't think he wants to see me anymore." I replied. Maria was rather quick to answer.

"Don't say that Y/n. After how long you two have known each other and hung out before this somewhat date, there's no way he'd think that. That's not like him." She said before relaxing a little.

"Honestly, I think he wasn't expecting it. Didn't know how to react." She finished. I felt better about the situation. Perhaps I was going too fast. Maybe he wasn't expecting it. I'm just worried that it'll be awkward if we see each other.

"Well I better head out before it starts getting crowded. I might bring pepper spray if any guys try hitting on me." I said while grabbing my purse.

"Ok be careful Y/n. The drunks always go there in the evening. Stay close to your coworkers. Love you." She replied.

"I will. Love you." I said before hanging up and walking out the door. It was approaching dusk. I was nervous walking down the sidewalk towards the bar. I don't plan on drinking any alcohol, but I don't trust anyone to not spike my drink.

"Y/n!" A voice shouted. I turned around as calmly as possible and saw Jason walking up to me. He looked concerned.

"Oh. H-hey Jason." I said realizing that our meeting could most likely turn awkward.

"Are you ok?" He asked. I hesitated, unsure of what to say. Me trying to kiss him bothered me. Especially since I never really apologized.

"Y-ya. I I wanted to apologize for trying to kiss you. It was unnecessary and-" I said before he interrupted.

"It ok Y/n. I don't hate you for it. I'm the one at fault. I should have told you that I'd prefer to just be friends. There's no need to apologize Y/n. It's all ok. I assure you." He said. His soft smile was comforting. I couldn't help but smile back before we started walking down the sidewalk together.

"Where are you off to?" He asked before looking down at me.

"Coworkers are gathering at the bar. I never been to one, Ken has many times. He has quite the drunk reputation from what I heard." I replied before he grew slightly tense.

"Will    you be ok there?" He asked with a worried tone. I bit my lip when I saw the bar ahead of us.

"I'm actually kind of nervous." I confessed before stopping. I was doubting if I really wanted to go in. Jason seemed hesitant to speak. He looked a little shy.

"I can come with you if you want." He finally said before I smiled. My nerves immediately calmed down.

"That'd be great." I replied before he smiled and we started walking up the steps and into the bar.