February 1922

Over the next few months I got closer to Esme, she acted like a mother to both me and Edward and I began to see her that way. I also noticed that she and Carlisle were spending more and more time together. I watched as both of them fell in love with each other until one day they sat me and Edward down to talk.

“We've decided to get married,”

“That's great!” I squealed so loudly they had to cover their ears and I pounced on them pulling them into a hug.

“Congratulations.” Edward said politely, I turned to him.

“Have a bit more enthusiasm Eddie.” I laughed but he just looked at me and rolled his eyes before walking out of the room. My smile faded and Esme sensing my change of mood pulled me down to sit in between her and Carlisle.

“It’s okay sweetheart,” she comforted me.

“I don’t understand what I did wrong” I sobbed tearlessly into her chest as she hugged me.

“Some people change during the change into a vampire Elizabeth,” Carlisle said while patting my back. I turned to him.

“Will he change into himself again?”

“I'm not sure honey, maybe over time.” I wrapped my arms around Carlisle's neck hugging him. It took a while for him to respond but he wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back.

“You two would have made great parents.” I said into Carlisle's neck.

“We are parents to you and Edward, even if you don’t see us that way,” Esme said quietly and I felt Carlisle nod agreeing with her words.

“I do see you that way.” I hugged Carlisle tighter and after a while I felt Esme join in the hug and I thought about how ridiculous we must look sitting in a love seat hugging each other and I started to laugh. We all released each other and Esme and Carlisle looked at me confused.

“I was thinking about how ridiculous we must look,” I said and we all started laughing. Once we calmed down I sat comfortably in the middle of my parents.

“So when is the wedding?”

“Once Esme's eyes have faded,”

“So in just under a year? Well its February now, so we could have a winter wedding!”

“That sounds perfect.” Esme sighed happily looking at Carlisle.

~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~

Comment , Vote