July 1918

I was sitting in Carlisle’s office in London looking at my reflection in a hand-held mirror. Edward sat opposite me his head in a book ignoring me like he had for the past 2 months. He found out that he can read minds a couple of days after I had been changed but he ignored me in thought as well as in physical life. I sighed and he looked over his book at me.

“Hello Edward.” I said cheerfully but he just rolled his eyes and went back to his book. I looked back at the mirror, my now perfect face gazed back at me, and the only thing that shocked me every time I gazed into the mirror was my eyes. I kept hoping there would be some change in colour but there still wasn’t. I was still looking at my eyes when Carlisle walked in.

“Good Evening Edward, Elizabeth.”

“Good Evening Carlisle,” I sighed. I felt him kneel in front of me and the mirror was removed from my hands and I was looking into the warm, golden eyes of Carlisle.

“What's wrong Elizabeth? I come home every day and see you staring in that mirror,”

“Nothing Carlisle,” Carlisle gave me a look that said ' I don’t believe you ' and Edward snorted. “Okay I am waiting for my eyes to change colour, red eyes make me feel like a monster.” Carlisle sighed.

“They will take time Elizabeth. Be patient.” I closed my eyes sighing.

“I can’t be patient Carlisle, I wish I still had my green eyes.” I remembered looking in the mirror with my old human eyes and smiled. I opened my eyes and looked at Carlisle who gasped and moved back.

“What?” I asked confused. I got no answer from the shocked Carlisle and Edward wouldn’t talk to me anyway so I picked up the mirror and looked into it. I gasped at what I saw. My previously red eyes had gone back to green.

“W-W-What???? How did....” I stuttered. Carlisle recovered from his shock and walked back over to me.

“What were you thinking when you had your eyes closed?”

“Ummmmm.... my human eye colour.”

“Try thinking of another eye colour,” he told me. I closed my eyes and thought of my father’s bright blue eyes. I reopened my eyes and looked at Carlisle.

“Oh my.... your gifted Elizabeth. I guess with some practise you could change your whole appearance.” 

~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~

Comment, Vote

:)