Wait...when since I was this nice to Brendan?

Oh, I know...he bought me doughnuts. Works every time.

He brought his hand to eye level, reading the time on his smartwatch, “They should be here anytime soon.”

Almost to taking another bite in the doughnut, Whitney entered the theatre with her heels click-clacking on the floor.

Gaining our attention, I dropped the doughnut in the box. When she noticed Brendan her face went from ‘I am going to kill you, whore’ to ‘oh Brendan is here’

“Brendan...you're here, ” she rubbed her hands down her thighs with a wide smile meeting the corners of ears. If you get what I mean.

Brendan looked her from top to bottom then settled his eyes with hers, “What do you want?”

She ran a hand over her slightly dirty blond hair, “I-uh...I just come here for...” she looked to her left and grabbed the broom in the corner, “...this. Nothing more.”

“Is that all?” He asked.

“I mean..yeah. That's all, ” she faked a false smile.

“Now you can leave.”

She turned her back to leave but mouthed to me, “You will not get away next time, ” then she left.

“You should be with her. I mean you're drama and she's triple drama of attention-grabbing, ” I sipped a little of the hot coffee in my mouth and it burned my tongue, “Ouch!”

“Caution...hot. Maybe if you didn't say that it wouldn't give you that result.”

“Funny...” I say sarcastically, resuming the eating of the doughnuts and the drinking of the coffee, “Thanks for the food by the way. This doesn't solve the problem I have with hating you. I'm serious.”

“And how serious are you when I can bring you doughnuts and coffee?”

Very,” I emphasized.

Others were slowly coming inside the theatre. I jumped off the table and wiped my hands in a napkin then closed the remaining of the doughnuts left inside the box.

Clive always wore that smile when he sees me but it fades away when he noticed Brendan. He was now approaching us.

He looked at Brendan then at me, “I've been looking for you everywhere.”

“If you don't mind me cutting the conversation, I was with her, ” Brendan starts.

Clive clenched his fists at his sides, “I was not talking to you. The next time my fist will talk in your face.”

“And you're geared up for nothing. Do you hate me that much, Cassidy's crusher?" The irony in his tone was sharp and toxic.

Mrs Phillips cuts their conversation, “Okay guys. Get in your positions and let's begin.”

°•°•

Warning, Important note!

The Cinderella story part is not mines. I got it from Chrome. Thank you!]