"Let's go Lucifer. He's only trying to provoke you. We have more important things to do."

"You're right," he said through clenched teeth. "I believe your tour of Devildom is finished now, Michael. Enjoy your stay."

"Well, great Lucifer pacified by a woman. That's good to know if our realms ever fall apart again," Michael said with a smirk, eyeing their hands.

"It's good none of us wants that, correct?"

"Indeed. But you never know. Sometimes you can't see the change until it hits you in the face," archangel said with a knowing smile. Lucifer tensed again. Lhori pulled on his hand again.

"Come on, Lucifer, let's go."

"See you around, Lhori," said Michael. "It was a pleasure."

They left the pub and started walking toward Lhori's apartment.

"What an asshole," Lucifer growled and struck the lone tree with his dark energy. When the smoke disappeared, there was only a stump left.

"It was a nice tree," Lhori sighed. "Does it feel any better now?"

"It would feel much better if it was Michael's face," he replied, but his body lost some of the tension. "Are you all right, Lhori?"

"I'm ok, thank you. But I think I could use a drink."

"You're not the only one," he sighed. They walked in silence for a moment; both lost in thoughts. They stopped at the doors to her tenement house.

"I happen to have a few bottles of wine. What do you say we go inside and get drunk together?" Lhori asked suddenly. Lucifer looked at her with surprise.

"You've never invited me to your apartment before."

"I think after the last few weeks we both need a break. So? Are you in or not? I can drink all by myself anyway."

"Well, I can't let you do that, can I?" he said with a smirk holding the door for her.

***

She woke up to a pounding headache, and her mouth was dry as a dessert. She moaned and rubbed her eyes. And then she felt a strong arm around her waist. Her very naked waist.

She cursed under her nose and sat abruptly. Lucifer stretched his toned arms and yawned.

"Good morning to you too, Lhori," he said with a mischievous smile. She closed her eyes and took a long breath, trying to recollect events from last night. First, her mind was completely blank, but after few seconds memories started flooding back. Incredibly detailed memories. She felt her face got scarlet instantly. Lhori groaned and covered it with her hands.

"Are you all right?" Lucifer asked, concerned. He sat up and kissed her bare arm gently. "Lhori?" She put down her hands to look at him. He seemed unfazed by what's happened. His crimson eyes were shining, a small smile dancing on his lips. "Did you sleep well?"

"Sleep? Really?" she hissed and got up wrapping the sheet around to cover herself.

"Well, we did fall asleep eventually, didn't we?" Lucifer said with a grin.

"Lucifer... this... we..." the words were failing her. She sighed. "That was not planned, ok?"

"No?" he raised his brows. "And here I thought you planned to get me drunk and seduce me from the very start!"

"Shut up!" she hissed and threw a pillow at him. He laughed and lied back down with hands under his head, looking at her with a teasing smile. And very naked. "Ugh, can you please get dressed?"

"Why?" he asked lazily. She tried ridiculously hard to focus on his face and not to let her eyes wander over his sculpted body.

"Because I can't talk to you like that?"

"It's still early. We don't have to talk just yet. You could come back to bed..."

"No!" she protested fiercely. "No, Lucifer! This... shouldn't have happened, ok?"

"Oh? And you were so convincing yesterday...."

"I was drunk!"

"Were you, really?" he asked with raised brows. He got up and walk to her slowly. She took a few steps back, but her back hit the wall of the bedroom. He smirked and stopped mere inches from her. He was so close she could count all his long dark lashes. "Why do you have to be so stubborn?" he asked, tracing his fingers gently on her jawline.

"Lucifer, please," she whispered, closing her eyes.

"Yes?"

"I need more time."

"I have all the time in the world," he replied and kissed the corner of her mouth gently. Then he withdrew leaving her breathless and started collecting his clothes from the floor. Lhori sighed.

"So that you know, I'm still pissed with you."

"I can see that," he said with a smirk while putting on his pants. "What would it take for you to forgive me?"

"I don't know," she said quietly. He sighed, buttoning his shirt.

"You sure not making things easy for me. I should get going then."

"You should," she agreed.

He moved towards the doors but stopped again beside her.

"Lhori..." he said and then broke off like he was looking for words. "These past three years... I felt very lonely without you here. I was a fool and I'm very sorry." He brushed a loose strand of hair from her face. "I hope you can forgive me one day. Because I still miss you so much..."

"Lucifer... I..." she stammered; her heart ached to see a deep sadness in his crimson eyes.

"It's ok. Take all the time you need. I'll be waiting," he said with a small smile and left.