5

I'm not a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. It usually takes me a few drinks to start feeling a buzz. But by the time I put down my sixth drink, the line between tipsy and drunk was getting increasingly hazy. I look over at Luke and grin at him. "I didn't know we actually got free drinks," I say giggling as the bartender sets another drink, this time a colorful martini. I treat it like a shot though, and take it all in one gulp.

Luke chuckles, and puts down his fifth drink. "Either did I." I take my moment without a drink to obseve my surroundings. Callum left with the girl he found, coming over to inform me and Luke that "she only wanted to get in his pants anyways," and left with the girl who might not have different motives than Lucy, but I didn't tell him that. Michael was chatting with some girl he was dancing with earlier along with a boat of cheese fries between them. But the funniest thing so far (I can't exactly say I'm suprised), was that Addie and Ashton, well, hit it off. And are now in the process of making out in the corner.

I sigh happily and lean my head on Luke's shoulder. Tyler and the banquet feels like that was days ago, and I figured out that I can care less about him now. I don't need that negativity surrounding me all of the time, and spending time with Addie, Luke, and the rest of the band really showed me that. And now, sitting on a bar seat and my feet aching in my Coverse from all of the dancing, I am happy.

Luke smiles and pats my head. "I need to go get some sheet music from Michael's car before he leaves. Can I leave you here for a minute or two?" I nod and he slides from his seat in pursuit of Michael.

I just sit there while Luke's gone, playing with the skinny black straw in on of my previous drinks. The bartender asks me if I would care for another round, but I politely decline much to my amazement. I've been shit-faced drunk one too many times to count, and I know now that being tipsy is better than chugging alcohol for the whole night.

"Hello," a raspy voice says from behind me. I turn sightly to see a tall and skinny guy holding the neck of a beer bottle. "Mind if I take a seat?"

I open my mouth to tell him it's taken, but he slides in the seat anyways, using his free arm to drape it around my shoulders. I shrug him off, more than a little irritated now. "I have a boyfriend," I say, though not mentioning that he actually isn't even in this club.

"Ah," he said, looking me slowly up and down in a way that made me feel dirty. "But where is he now?" The man takes my wrist and pulls me off his stool. "He must not be a very good boyfriend, then."

I yank away from and start to walk away. Maybe Luke is on his way back, or I can find Ash or Addie somewhere and stand with them until the creep goes away. "Get away from me," I growl, but he reaches out again and grips my upper arm with a bruising force. Just as he leans close, whether to whisper something or kiss me, a voice breaks us apart.

"What's going on here?"