Loki: An Outlaw's Redemption

Start from the beginning

Thor gave a sly grin afterwards, "By Odin's beard... to hell with it."

Freyja was once again alone in her prison cell. She knows her time is running out that's why she let the scenes of her whole life flash before her eyes. It would be best to look back while she still have time, rather than wait for the president to snap.

Almost twenty years ago, a virus wiped out three-fourth of the earth's population. It was so deadly that the people hid in fear and panic, no one roamed the streets for years. Some dying in sickness, but most due to hunger. She and her brother almost died too, if it weren't for the search parties sent out by the new government to gather the survivors and take them to the fort. An election happened, and the elected president ordered a thorough clean-up of the plaque... as well as the corpse infected.

When all survivors were gathered in one place, the rest of the world were bombed through satellite missiles. The president ordered the rehabilitation of two city states; Asgard and Midgard. Asgard is the more advanced state, for the people with higher status and ranking. Midgard houses the workforce, the normal people. Every family receives ration and basic necessities from the government according to status, for years it has been that way.

The president, however, knew that the feebleness of the humans will be repeatedly tested as time goes by. Not wanting to repeat history, he organized the Aesir Bio-Lab aiming not to find cure to infectious diseases, but make new species by genetically altering human genes. It was a giant leap that scientists were not really prepared, but the Aesir government was willing to provide finance and expenses. It took years of research, almost a thousand people dead due to their bodies denying the mutation, and so much money before the last batch were sacrificed.

Thor, Thrym, Surtur, Loki and her...

She was chosen, but her brother Frey offered himself in exchange. The president loved the show of courage from her brother, that he moved Freyja to the ranks of the Aesir Police to be trained and serve the Aesir government with her twin brother, IF he survived. Years were spent on them until they emerged successful, the very first mutants of the Aesirs. On the other hand, Freyja had been serving the government with loyalty as a member of the police.

The president had his trophies, the mutants. That president was no other than Odin, the said unifier of mankind.

One thing was clear, the mutants were government property, and shall answer to the president only. One of them, classified with mental conditions, became hard to control. Unbeknownst to everyone, a conflict between mutants was brewing. Thus, one night, three of them escaped. They became fugitives, outlaws, dangerous ones. And it was Thor and Frey's duty to bring them back. That is until they built their own revolutionary group, aiming to rebel against the Aesirs. Now they're wanted, dead or alive.

As expected, Thor and Frey brought one of them back... Loki, the shape shifter. Loki, the insane leader of the Ragnarok group.

He was kept in the very same prison cell, with more bindings than Freyja has. Freyja was assigned to his case, ordered to find out more about him and his plans until the day the president finally decides to end his life. The day she saw him tied to his chair in the middle of the prison room  wasn't the first time they saw each other. There had been instances they met in the battlefield, so meeting him again wasn't quite a shock.

The intensity of his gaze was.

"I finally met Asgard's most wanted person, leader of the Ragnarok. Loki Jotunson, I am-"

"Freya. Freya Folkvanger." He gave her a wink, "You've become more beautiful."

"I am beautiful, yes, and it's Frey-JA. Freyja."