"Good with your hands, huh?"

Começar do início

Wait, no, not the 'sneaking off in the middle of a party to steal something' bit. Just making that clear. You weren't a kleptomaniac.

"Good to know," Taehyung drawled, letting his words linger teasingly on his tongue.

"Pushy brat," you muttered.

Taehyung glanced at you, his taller frame languidly keeping up with your quick pace easily. His eyes glinted with mischief, probably at successfully irritating you once more. "I have no idea what you are talking about," he said coolly, inciting a low scoff from you.

You fought every urge in your body to rip your hand away from his. You didn't like this- it filled you with too much familiarity, far too much for your comfort. You'd had your fair share of one night stands, sure, but you'd never been so comfortable with anyone other guy to hold their hand- it had started years ago.

Even the thought had you shuddering, curling in on yourself. Any male around you could bring the memories back, any faint contact could make you remember the way he used to touch you.

You hated it, so much.

You wondered if Taehyung could tell. You wondered if he could feel your suppressed disgust at his touchy attitude. It had taken years of training for you to learn not to shy away.

And yet, Taehyung's hand was warm and large and comforting.

It was odd, but you didn't exactly feel the uncontrollable desire to pull away.

Taehyung glanced approvingly at the wide hallways around you, lined with old lanterns for aesthetic effect and paved with smooth marble. You'd caught the way he stared in awe when the two of you passed through other exhibits, his eyes shining excitedly when he caught sight of a sword hanging from the wall or some odd battle armor he just HAD to go tap at. It was kind of adorable, actually, how his eyes went wide and childish with wonder. It was also fairly strange, since he was fangirling over swords.

To each his own, I suppose.

"This is an interesting place," Taehyung mused thoughtfully as he tore his eyes away from a Japanese tachi propped up in a display case, designed ornately with golden flowers travelling up and down the shiny black scabbard next to it. "Pretty, too."

"Pretty place sponsored by pretty people," you shrugged. "All those ladies back in the entrance hall? Yeah well, it's mostly them and their husbands providing the funds for this place to be as nice as it is."

They were the reason there was this grand opening in the first place. You'd spoken and negotiated with a few of them, especially some of the woman, and good god, they were a chore to deal with.

Taehyung shot you a side-eye, stopping for a moment and pulling your hand and his close to his side so you faced him.

"Pretty people?" he murmured, cocking a strong brow at you, "May I remind you, baby, how no one in the hall tonight could keep their eyes off you?"

You snorted. How did he even manage to get to this statement? "Yeah, no. That was all you, f*cker."

Shaking his head and laughing softly, Taehyung cupped your cheek in his other hand, rubbing the soft skin teasingly with nimble brushes of his fingers.

"Really," he looked down at you with hooded, dark eyes, mouth tipping up as he gazed at you.

"Yes, really!" you threw your hands up in utter exasperation at his persistent behavior and pulled away from him quickly, finally jerking your hand from his grasp while shooting him an irritated look, "Now quit being a f*ckboy and let's not make this any longer than it has to be."