"Good with your hands, huh?"

Bắt đầu từ đầu

It was bad, sure, but you couldn't help the sicker that escaped your lips when the red-haired demigod's face fell almost comically.

Letting loose a guttural groan, Taehyung fell back dramatically on his back, placing a hand over his chest. "I suppose I will have to be stuck with you forever, pretty one," he sighed resignedly, closing his eyes in defeat, "we will have to live the rest of our lives together and eventually get married and live with gloves on for the rest of existence-"

Rolling your eyes, you stood up and kicked Taehyung in the side, watching his previously theatrical pose curl up as he whined.

"Get up, drama queen," you huffed, crossing your arms over your chest as you ran a cynical eye over the old stuff you and Taehyung had managed to unearth. None of them looked anything particularly like a pithos- actually, nothing in here looked particularly Greek whatsoever-

"Oh," you uttered a single syllable as your stupidity hit you hard and all at once, "oh."

Sitting up at your blank face and perhaps at the riot of you being frustrated at your own idiocy that was occurring in your mind right now, Taehyung looked at you with vague alarm.

"What is it, pretty?" he inquired, scrambling to his feet and dusting himself off.

You sighed and shook your head.

"We're dumba*ses, Taehyung," you muttered, rubbing your forehead as the common sense you seemed to have lost came rushing back to you. "Nothing in here would be your pithos, because we keep all the things from each culture in different places. This is the 'feudal Europe' room."

"Ah," Taehyung looked as sheepish as you felt as he ran his gaze over the strewn objects (helmets, broadswords, sputtered torches, stones and posts alike) all around the room, collateral damage from your blind searching. "So, where would you keep a pithos in this place, hypothetically?"

"W-e-l-l," you dragged out, furrowing your eyebrows in thought, "most of the Greek artifacts were placed in the new exhibit-"

"It's not there," Taehyung assured you, breaking your spoken train of thought, "I would have sensed it. And besides, the sphinx wouldn't place a magical object of hers in plain sight. You think only you mortals would appear in this place?"

The thought of some Greek monster roaming around the museum and peering st the artifacts had you both shuddering and internally snickering at the same time.

Which was an interesting combo of emotions, but Taehyung didn't seem all that fazed at your odd thoughts.

He's gonna have to learn to deal with it anyway.

"Uh, okay," you tried to steer your mind back on the right track, "so if it's not there... the fourth room was where we used to keep it all. We kept all the extra stuff there, and I'm sure I saw at least one or two pithos as well."

Taehyung's face brightened. He grabbed your hand, eyes lit up with intensity and excitement, too far gone to notice the way you flushed under his dark stare. "Then let us go! Lead the way, baby."

Beginning to pull your fingers from his grip, you stopped when his own tightened around them, still casually looking ahead as if he hadn't done anything. Only the hint of a smirk that began to curve his lips up revealed that he knew what he was doing.

You sighed in resignation and, after a moment of suspiciously looking at him, laced your gloved fingers through his, feeling his smug satisfaction as you did so.

This little f*cker, honestly.

"You're annoying," you popped as the two of you briskly wound, hand in hand, through the spiraling halls of the museum, the darkness not fazing you one bit because you'd done this a million times before.