Descriptive Pieces- 1

I'm so sorry for not updating yesterday!

Guess the topic and put it in the comments below!

The shrieky sound of wheels running lazily across the surface of the sparkling floor bites into my ears. They roll ahead repeatedly, pausing after every few circles as the pusher stops to pass on a little piece of gossip to the next nurse. She is wearing a sticky white dress, too white, that ropes in under her chest with a red belt. Her shoes are black and sport heels that are much too big for the occupation. Her legs bulge out from the bottom of her clothing and her voice too loud, to low, for a woman. 

The place smells of an oddly familiar sanitizer poking through my nose and I sneeze, as do many others sitting beside me on the claustrophobic benches, gray and cold, like death. The walls complement the checkered floors; a plain white dragging across throughout the entire building. My eyes skid over to the reception, where the Nurse has now stopped, and I start at the bare wood outlining the desk that she leans over to murmur distinctly into the male receptionists innocent ears. He turns bright pink and pulls his collar to one side, nervous, and then settles back down on his clinky chair, scribbling in another appointment as he simultaneously picks up an ever ringing telephone and announces the name of the place into it. 

The Nurse that I had been following all this time realizes that he is no more paying attention, and so shuffles along to the next counter at the opposite side of the room where a large family sits. The Nurse pats her taffy brown hair, checking the bun she made at the top, and then wobbles right through the group, wagging her hips from side to side as if she craves the attention, and then she is out of sight and my eyes wonder around the room to find yet another amusing character to occupy my wasted time waiting for some news.

By Dia Makhecha

TIP: Stick to one topic- it could be a person, place, event anything- but just one