"How do we know who?" Ayla asked tepidly, putting her hair behind her ears and Emut smiled before looking to Abrax who turned his gaze to Ayla.

"It has to be taken from a child born on a mountain of gold." He added, making my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Well, that cancels out the lot of us!" Maya said with a huff to which Emut laughed and Demir rolled his eyes.

"Not literally; Ra is referred to as a mountain of gold. When she spoke of the children, she meant those born of the Gods." Emut explained and I processed the information as Abrax spoke.

"And, we happen to have two who have been born from the Gods." He said ambiguously and I watched as everybody's gaze flitted between Demir and I.

Gulping down the nerves, I looked to Demir who folded his arms, raising an eyebrow.

"Guess who's giving the tear?." He teased with a small smirk and Emut nodded before turning to me.

"It needs to be a tear derived of sorrow, remember." He advised and I let out a stuttered sound of protest, edging forward.

"How do you expect me to cry on command? That too, in sadness?" I asked incredulously to which Demir scoffed.

"You haven't had any problems with it before." He muttered to himself, but I heard and scowled at him.

"If you're to give blood then, please, let me be the one to draw it." I retorted snidely to myself, making him raise an eyebrow at my words. I ignored his gaze before turning to look at others in worry.

"I don't know if I'll be able to do that on command." I admitted meekly and Ayla let out a small squeal before moving towards me.

"Let me help! I'll make you cry!" She said energetically, moving to stand in front of me and I rolled my eyes as she let her smile drop and looked to me in mock-seriousness.

"Your jokes are bad and you eat too much." She said bluntly and I smiled at her words, trying my best to keep the laughter in. She assessed my face at this, pouting slightly when I didn't cry.

"Here, let me help." Abrax came to stand behind her, making Ayla grin before he looked to me with a kind smile.

"I apologise for the lies I am going to say, Hanna." He muttered out, making me smile before he bit his lip in thought.

"You're... deplorable." He urged at the end and I bit my lip again to hold in the laughter as he looked to me with an apologetic expression.

"Did it work? Are you about to cry?" Ayla urged, peeking at me and Maya tutted, pulling Ayla away with a tug.

"Of course, it didn't work, ghabbiya!" She spat out and I let out a small laugh at this as Abrax shrugged heavily with a sigh.

I turned to look at Emut who was smiling at me and I smiled back. Yet, the positive expression diminished when I thought of how I was going to do this.

I turned to Demir with a huff.

"Could I not give the blood and you give the tear?" I questioned hopefully and he let out noise in disagreement, a small smirk on his face.

"I can only give that which I am capable of doing." He said simply and I let out a sigh in defeat, knowing it was a long-shot to request tears from Demir. That's just like asking Maya to fall head over heels for a man- impossible.

What was I to do?

****************

"Hanna? Are you still thinking about it?" Ayla asked, putting a hand to my arm soothingly and I shook my head at her words.

But, that was a lie.

After my admission of not knowing how to bring the tears on command, Ayla, Maya and I had left to go back to our beds.

They had swiftly forgotten about the matter yet I couldn't erase it from my mind. After all, it was down to me to bring the tear.

I scoffed internally at my oddness. I had cried many a time, in the worst of places without being able to keep it in. And, now, when it was dire, I couldn't do anything at all. I was at a loss of what to do.

I heard the sound of Maya sighing as she moved in.

"Hanna, it is nothing to worry over. We can find a solution." She reassured me and I shook my head at her words, finally turning to look into her green gaze.

"But what if I can't? And, what if I do, but Anouke's found it before us? Us being quick is very vital." I explained my anguish and Maya nodded, before rolling her eyes and sitting back.

"Well, why not think of upsetting things? What makes you upset?" She pondered, flicking her red braid back and I bit my lip as I thought.

In fact, there was a far deal of things that had me upset.

Losing my career.

Forgoing my university education.

Yes, I had cried about these things at one time yet now they seemed to be less important. Indeed, they still upset me, but not enough to make me distraught.

The thought of Faridha quickly popped into my mind, but I threw it out as quick as it had come. I would not use her memory for that. I couldn't bring myself to.

"I don't know." I muttered, clenching my eyes shut and I felt Ayla's grip tighten on my arm.

"Think of leaving those you loved in Earth. Think of those who were unjust to you, Hanna." She spoke and I breathed in sharply as I thought of Sue and Marie.

I had seen Sue recently with her family and I thought to how it tense it must have been for her when I hadn't shown up for work.

I thought to the harrowing childhood with Debra, Richard and Sierra- all the love that I had been deprived of. And, it did make me feel upset, but before I could further delve into the sadness, a voice arose, distracting me.

I opened my eyes to Emut, Demir and Abrax walking out of the entrance and to us.

"What?" I asked to which Emut gestured to the exit, his golden eyes glimmering.

"Let's get that key." He said and Maya looked to the sky.

"In the dead of the night?" She asked incredulously and Demir rolled his eyes.

"A night could be the time in which it takes for Anouke to get it." He bit out and Maya nodded grimly, the topic of Anouke making her automatically serious.

We looked to each other then before stepping off the bed and Emut looked at us before sparing his gaze across the courtyard, not making eye-contact.

"You can change before we leave." He suggested, making me gaze down to the silk navy blue nightgown instinctively. Maya let out a snort at his words, folding her arms across her chest.

"And waste time? I don't think so." She said gruffly and Ayla nudged her before muttering something about propriety.

At Maya's words, Emut turned to us before nodding albeit a little hesitantly.

"Okay then. Ayla?" He said before turning to look at Ayla who turned away from glaring at Maya to smirk at Emut, knowing all too well what he was going to ask.

"It'll be a pleasure." She muttered excitedly before reaching her hands out to grab Maya's hands and mine.

"Grab on to someone." She demanded, closing her eyes shut.

I turned when I felt the warmth in my hand, looking up to Emut whose searing honey gaze was already on me, making my cheeks redden in the process.

"We're ready." He instructed Ayla, keeping his gaze on me and I looked back, not finding it in me to be able to look away.

I could feel the sudden lull of noise as our surroundings changed around us, making me flinch slightly and Emut smiled at this, his eyes gleaming and I smiled back in response.

Mentally preparing myself for what lay ahead.