Chapter 36

I've uploaded again! Please make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed it!

I will be updating weekly now so make sure to add to your library to get the notifications!

S. A. A

                               °°°°°°°♧°°°°°°

I was home.

I was back.

I had thought about this moment for weeks and, now, I didn't even know how to feel about it all. I was speechless.

I looked around, taking in the familiar small creaky room and the signature smell of wet wood from the small leak in the corner of the roof. Everything was as I had kept it- my notes on the small bedside table, my night clothes draped across the chair and the same beige sheets on the bed.

Looking at it now, I just had begun to realise how small the room was, especially compared to my room in Aaru. It only made me realise the way I had been treated here.

"Where are we?" I turned my gaze to Emut who was now in a seated position besides Demir. They both looked around confused and I stood up with shaky legs, most probably due to the amount I had ran today.

"Earth. This is my home." I said still in disbelief, gesturing around at the surroundings and both males looked around, at my words before standing up. I almost laughed as they stood almost touching the low-set ceiling. It was so odd having two powerful males placed in such a mundane room; it was clear they didn't belong in such a setting.

"This is Earth?" Emut spoke up first, looking around in awe as he sheathed his sword. Demir followed his actions, looking around before frowning.

"You didn't tell us it was a shayathul?" He bit out and although I didn't understand what he said, I knew it didn't mean anything good, especially from the way that Emut glared at him.

I nodded at Emut's question, ignoring Demir's words.

"Yeah, this is my room." I said, turning and gesturing to the small area. Although I had never ever felt truly at home here, I felt slightly exposed when they looked around curiously.

Many a time, I had thought about how it would be if Marie had slept over. Or, even to have any friends over yet it never did get to happen and, now, I was stood here with two males, something I don't think I would ever have imagined.

"How did we even get here?" Demir's voice pulled me out of my reverie and I smiled slightly as I gestured to the old floor length mirror in the corner of the room.

"I used the same words that I had said that took me to Aaru and, thankfully, it worked." I let out honestly, brushing my hair back with a hand. I felt slightly proud of my quick-thinking and it having worked. It still all felt so surreal to be back.

Demir let out a small scoff at my words before leaning his glaive against the bed. I cringed as it creaked loudly under the weight of the deadly weapon.

"Well, at least we know you're not completely worthless." He said bluntly and I scowled in his direction.

"Oh, too much pride to even say thank you, Demir? Careful, they say that pride is a mask of one's own faults and I'm sure you're masking a great deal." I retorted snidely, watching as Demir's eyes lit up at my words. He leaned against the cheap plastered wall near the door, folding his arms.

"A great deal of faults? Perhaps, Hanna should have a look at the mirror before she looks out the window. I'm sure she'll be thoroughly enlightened." He snipped back just as fast and I let out a small huff at his words.