Chapter 29

I've uploaded again! Please make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed it!

I will be updating weekly now so make sure to add to your library to get the notifications!

S. A. A

                               °°°°°°°♧°°°°°°

I brushed my hair, looking out the window and admiring the moon that shone brightly. I had blown out the candles a few minutes back and, now, the only light was that of the moon that illuminated the room in its ethereal glow.

Standing up, I made my way to the door. Midnight has just passed 20 minutes when Ayla had walked in to say goodnight. I had hugged her before she left, but instead of going to sleep, I looked into the book Negus had given me, practicing yet again.

Walking through the hallways in the dark was both frightful and calming. Light streaked through the arches of windows as I stepped lightly to the stairs.

I had told him to meet me in the courtyard and I feared, after the long day, he may have forgotten. Nevertheless, I continued down, the sound of the trickling fountain reaching my ears. I walked into the open courtyard, looking around with squinted eyes, but the darkness shrouded everything, making branches look like fingers and tall plants to look like human forms. I ignored it as best I could, but the fear rose with every passing second of dark silence.

I let out a small sigh of relief, smiling when Emut's familiar silhouette came into view, suddenly feeling more safe. He neared me until I could see the golden hues of his eyes as he looked down at me.

"I'm here." He said gently, making sure not to wake anyone and I nodded at his words with a smile.

"I'm glad." I said truthfully, feeling the fear dispel with his presence. He smiled at my words before gesturing to the door and I smiled widely before moving to the door and ushering him over.

He moved without question, opening the courtyard doors effortlessly. I could still recall the direction it was and I ran slightly, reveling in the feeling of the cool night air as it touched my face.

Emut kept in pace with me despite the fact that he was walking fast and I recalled how he had the ability of speed.

"Show off." I muttered, trying to push myself further. He laughed at this and I winced at the ache in my legs as the oasis came into view. I had never noticed how large it was, until now and I edged closer to Emut as we walked. He looked ahead as we walked through, leading the way even if he didn't know where we were going.

I directed when we needed to turn and he did as asked, walking us through. It was only when the cave came into sight that I hurried past him and towards the cave, reaching it with heavy breaths.

"Hanna, don't run away like that." He said sternly, nearing behind me. His breathing was steady and I cursed at my lack of fitness skills.

He looked around then, not even noticing the familiarity of this place- the one where we had met. I rolled my eyes at this, looking to the cave in awe. This was the place where my life had changed completely. He followed my gaze, listening as I spoke.

"This cave is the way I came into your world." I whispered, resting my hand against the wall. I wanted to stick my hand in to see what would happen, but refrained from doing so, in fear it would take me away.

Emut looked at me then back to the cave, his eyes curious.

"This is the way to Earth?" He asked, amazed and I nodded, watching as he hesitantly raised his hand to touch the wall, but stopped mid-way, putting his hand back down, seemingly uncertain about the dangers of the unknown.