Chapter 27

I've uploaded again! Please make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed it!

I will be updating weekly now so make sure to add to your library to get the notifications!

S. A. A

                               °°°°°°°♧°°°°°°
Drip

Drip

Drip

I trudged forward, my legs aching as I walked. The sun was blazing down and I could feel it hit the open wound on my head, making my teeth clench in pain.

Drip

My hand tightened around the handle of the doublesword as I walked forward, making sure I didn't look down. I couldn't.

Drip.

But, I couldn't help myself and my gaze turned down, making my insides curl. My fingers were clutching at the strands of hair and blood was trickling down on the ground as I walked towards the battlefield.

I had nearly vomited when I had seen what I had done- when I had severed the commander's head. But, I knew there was no time; I had to find Negus and I had to do something.

With that, I had gone against every moral value within me and had taken the head into my clutch and along with me as I stumbled towards the direction I had seen the other soldiers go. I felt dizzy, but I couldn't succumb to it; not when I still had things to do. I glanced down again, lost in thought.

Do you know why our people behead?" He asked tauntingly, lifting the head up yet again and I clenched my eyes shut, hoping it was a nightmare.

"We do it to show authority. It means you kneel to me."

With the thought planted in my head, I moved hurriedly forward, the sound of battle becoming louder until it was deafening and I looked around at the chaos.

There were tall white buildings, wrapped in vines, looking as though they had been abandoned to nature. I caught sight of Ayla, looking out of the window of one, her signature bow and arrow in hand as she shot arrows at a striking speed.

I looked around at the crowds of soldiers, trying to find the familiar face of Negus, but there were too many soldiers. We were truly outnumbered. I could see Maya and Abrax, back to back as they held their respective weapons. They were surrounded by around 30 soldiers and I watched, amazed, as Abrax lifted Maya by her arms and swung her as she butterfly-kicked three opponents down to the ground. She lifted herself swiftly before throwing her flame-lit daggers into the air. Abrax lifted his hardened fist in response, volley punching at the hilts of daggers, sending them flying into the chest and leg of two soldiers.

I moved in tepidly, looking around and I flinched slightly as the head in my hand flailed with the wind. Only, I knew exactly where the wind was coming from. Looking to my left, I saw Demir and Emut fighting in a small alley, between buildings. They were surrounded by all angles and I watched at how Demir raised a hand and some soldiers around them began sinking into the sand, their exclaims filling the air. Emut took advantage of this, his sword coming down at lightning speed and killing 5 men. He effortlessly grabbed the surviving men by their necks, throwing them behind him where Demir stood, glaive in hand. I watched as he stoically yet powerfully swung his weapon, slicing the bodies in half.

They worked quick yet the numbers of Chigaru were far from dwindling and I looked around hurriedly.

"Stop!" The shoot boomed across the village and I stilled at the sound as did the others.

My eyes finally caught the familiar cream cloak belonging to Negus. There were more than 8, around 15 chigaru soldiers now and they had formed a defence line in front of Negus, one with a sword at Negus's neck as he kneeled, his eyes closed.