Chapter 8 - Verdant Forest

A few weeks have passed since Gaia's Challenge. Lilina and Ida finally warmed up enough to RDS and his team to give him the Earth Emerald,

Machina has mastered her hacking abilities, Gaia has improved her healing prowess, and RDS has been training with Techni, who also gave him a bazooka-like laser cannon. RDS also asked her to help with the Dungeon Key he got.

[Exponent Multiplier: 1,068,708,659,200](I know it's sky-high, but that's what happens when events happen offscreen.)

{ The Forest of Loot }

Techni: Been a while since I been here. I don't get out much.

RDS: Same here. It's about time I found that Woodland Emerald. The more the better, right?

Techni: Sure. 

RDS: But why here?

Techni: RDS.

RDS: Yes?

Techni: I know this may sound stupid, but I've been here a while. We have to find dungeon entrances. The Dungeon Keys just let us go in the dungeons themselves. What did you think they would do, open a porta- wait don't answer that.

RDS: I mean, you think they would. But eh. I need to get out more.

RDS senses an incoming attack and punches a hostile wolf's nose, killing it instantly. He sighs.

[2,137,417,318,400]

Techni: These low-level mobs sure are annoying.

Another one appears, covered in vines. The vines lash out, but before they can do anything, Techni spears the wolf with an electric lance. It bursts into flowers that scatter to the ground.

RDS: Agreed. But if nature element enemies are attacking us, we must be close to the dungeon entrance.

 After a few more minutes of walking, the duo finds a tree. An insanely large oak tree.

RDS: Geez that tree's huge. Do they grow like this here? And why didn't I see it back when I got the Flame Emerald?

Techni: Ultora logic.

RDS: You have a clear point there. But look!

RDS notices a keyhole in the tree's trunk.

Techni: *gasp* This must be the dungeon entrance! You still got the key?

[Use Verdant Forest Dungeon Key?] {Yes}{No}

RDS: Yep. Let's do this.

RDS slots the key into the oak and unlocks it. It bursts with fragments of magic, in various shades of green.

When the light dies down, the oak's trunk is open and there's a hole, leading deep down.

RDS: After you, lady.

Techni: Oh, shut up.

Techni does jump down but grabs the RDS's shirt simultaneously, pulling him with her.

RDS: Techniiii!

Techni: Wheeeeeee!

Both fall down the hole, and the trunk closes behind them.

RDS: So the key wears off when it's the user enters, huh?

They land in a patch of vibrant flowers, quickly getting up and drawing their weapons. Both see a system screen with a description.  Techni's is cyan, and RDS's is magenta.