Prologue - Faces, Ideas Old and New

The Polyverse, a multi-omniverse containing all to ever exist, is run by code and defended by heroes. But a returning threat intends to disrupt the peace, and rewrite all existence to its bidding... the Corruptions.

Code and corruption have been at bitter odds since before time began, and every few generations, Corruption invades.

Yet around the same time the Corruption surges, an Astral, from unknown origins, rises to combat the infective menace, fighting their way to their leader and sealing them away for another millennium at the cost of their own life.

With the Corruptions preparing to attack once again, the Goddess of life, Gaia, chose a human from Earth to be said Astral, who would otherwise be harvested by the Corruptions and become just another minion in their army, hoping the chosen one can break the cycle and destroy the Corruption once and for all.

And this is where our story begins.

RDS'S POV

I was living a dream before this all started. I had nice friends, a stable family(which was rare) and high grades. The school year was over, and I planned out a nice, lenient summer.

But none of it had mattered.
RDS:(wakes up)Time for another great day of games!
But something seems off for some reason. Like I could blow up any second.

No POV

???: Seems like we have a gamer here. What a weakling. Little does he know this is the last day of his world as he knows it.
??: Leader, this planet is overpopulated, bursting at the seams with energy. This will be the last harvest we need. And there seems to be much more than required for us to take form and return to the Fiction Realm.
???: Then let us commence, and since I'm feeling less evil today, I shall make their deaths quick and painless. Commence the laser strike, third in command!
?: Yes, sir. (Nothing personal, kid.)

Back to the RDS
Yeah, something's definitely off... Like a cataclysmic event s gonna happen.

He looks up.

RDS: That's an orbital laser strike. And I'm dead.

The laser fires, striking the earth and sending a purple shockwave over the planet.

[Corruption Reap Laser.]

RDS: AW BEANS!

He manages to hold his ground for a few seconds before his body gives out and is annihilated along with the rest of Earth.

No POV

?: It's done, lord. What now?

?: To the Hacker's Modem.

?: Affirmative.

(Now before we move on, I know what you're thinking: Why would the main character die in the intro? But he didn't. I only said he fell unconscious, or should I say,I did. This is my story.)

(There will be MANY different video game characters from MANY different companies and series in this book.
They belong to their respective owners.
The OC's, and I belong to myself, with a few exceptions.)

(Prepare to dive into the world of fiction. It's gonna be one hell of a ride.)

RDS wakes up in... A void?, and hears a gentle, feminine voice.

?: Ah, you're awake! I thought I was too late.

RDS: Yeah, I thought I was dead for a sec.

Then another voice sounded, a commanding male one.

?: Fool! That is not how one speaks to a goddess.