Chapter 30

The hour went quick, to quick.

I don't feel anything, I don't really want to smile anymore, after this morning I've realised how much I want to scream or hit someone. it's like no matter how many times I laugh or smile, the pain is still there, eating away at me.

I haven't even had the energy to read the secret file I found. I was meant to read it with James.

I just want to know what happened! why won't father tell me? is this some trick? or part of his plan? where's James? what has my father done with him!?

All these questions have been haunting me all morning, I just want to know. its not fair that I don't know.

"Skylar come on your dads about to start" drake says holding his hand out.

I get up off the sofa, not taking drakes hand.

I walk out of the pack house and head to the stage. my father waiting to start.

I stand in the crowd with gabby and drake.

"Hello everyone, I know many of you have been wondering what happened yesterday.

I was out running with James, I let my guard down for two seconds, and I was hit by rogues" my father starts.

What!? what is he trying to say!?

"I was attacked and James was the head of this attack" he finishes.

I feel like someone's just shot me, right in the heart. I can't talk, think, hardly breath.

This can't be real! James would never go rogue, he hated being a rogue!

I walk away from the crowd, not listening to anything anyone's saying. just hearing faint voices. Everything just a blur again.

I find myself behind the house, hardly anyone comes around here.

"Skylar?" I hear drakes faint voice.

I focus back on what's happening, drake stood in front of me.

"Drake what do you want?" i croak out, my throat dry.

"I need to tell you something" he says with seriousness.

I gesture for him to go ahead and spill, not wanting to talk anymore.

"I know what happened in the woods" he confesses.

"What!?" I shout, ignoring the pain in my throat.

"James didn't hurt your dad"

"I knew it! James didn't want to be a rouge! he'd never go back to that life"

"Look that's not the only thing"

"Wait how did you see what happened? they would have smelled you out in seconds and James would have known you was there" I ramble.

"I'm not just a werewolf" he blurts out.

"What? So your a vampire too then?" I joke.

"Actually yes I'm a vampire, but also a shapeshifter, and a demon"

WHAT!? VAMPIRE!? SHAPESHIFTER!? DEMON!?

"You joking right?" I ask.

"No I'm all four"

"I guess gabby was right" i mumble under my breath.

"Wait gabby guessed?"

"Yeah she said she's never seen you eat at pack meals, your walk really fast, and never go swimming with them and she thought a bird was following her" I explain.