Chapter 36

In my dream i can smell bacon and it's starting to make me want to wake up and run to the kitchen... wait I am awake! and I really can smell bacon! I jolt awake ad sit there for a moment letting my eyes adjust, and once they do I rush out my room and down the stairs, barging into the kitchen I find James cooking bacon, eggs, sausages, beans, a fry up. my mouth waters at sight and the smell doesn't help, it looks delicious.

"Morning beautiful" James greets placing a plate down at the island. I sit down quickly and stare at the food before digging in. it tastes amazing, a small moan escapes my lips before I could stop it.

"Are you that hungry?" James asks amused.

"Yes! don't judge me I'm morning!" I defend.

"Oh okay for a minute there I thought it was my food" James teases.

"No it's not the food to be honest I think it could use some more work" I joke acting serious.

"Okay well if you don't like it" James grasp my plate and holds it over the bin.

"I guess you won't want to eat-" "STOP!" I tell interrupting.

"I love it I was joking. now give me the food" I demand not taking my eyes of the delicious meal James is about to throw away.

"Not until you admit that in the best cook in the world" he demands tilting the plate a bit.

"Okay! okay! your the best cook in the world! now give me my food!" I plead.

"Alright since you begged" James rolls his eyes handing back the plate.

I clap my hands and dig back in, the delicious flavour taking over my taste buds once more. this is definitely some of the best food I've ever eaten.

"Can you cook more often" I say in awe.

I didn't notice but James had walked over to my side. James wraps his arms around my waist and whispers in my ear "if it makes you happy than yes" sending shivers down my spine.

And In my one moment of true happiness the memories and events of yesterday appear in my head. I pick up my glass to take a sip when the image of my pack dead flashes into my mind, my grip on the glass is so tight that it breaks in my grasp. I hear James sigh then feet shuffling against the kitchen floor.

"I'll clean that up" James mutters taking out a black bag to throw away the broken glass.

"Sorry" I apologise looking down at my hands.

"I thought you forgot for a moment there" James mumbles under his breath.

"I did" I admit no matter how much it hurts. even if I did forget for a couple of minutes it's still hard to think that I'm happy when my pack is morning.

"Why don't you go get ready the funerals start today" James informs me.

I nod holding my head down. I didn't think we could get everything organised in one night but I guess we did.

I shuffle up the stairs and back into my room. I go straight into my bathroom and lock the door, stripping down to my bare skin I hop in shower.

I feel sick to the bone, my hands are shaking, my legs feel like jelly and my heart feels like a million pieces. the warm water dripping down my body just acts as comfort. I don't really feel like doing anything but crying. why did mason and my father have to kill my pack? their old pack. I wouldn't swap my pack for the world, so for mason and my father to kill them is like killing family, especially for my father as he would have been able to feel their pain. I just don't know why they did it, I want to know why my pack died because in sure it wasn't just so mason could have me, my father wanted something out of this marriage but I don't know what. Hopefully one day I will be able to find out why.