Chapter 22

Apparently my father set a party for after... I'm still wondering what's gotten into him recently.

James doesn't really wanna go but he's forced to by my father because its 'for him'.

-

"Skylar I'm still not happy with you in that dress" James whispers.

I grab a drink from the snack table.

"James I'm in the dress now so just get over it" I lean my hand on the snack table.

Oakley starts to walk over to us, James pulls me towards him, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Hi sorry I couldn't introduce myself earlier I'm Oakley, dr.rogers nephew" Oakley extends his hand out to shake it.

I shake Oakley's hand first then James.

"I'm skylar and this-" "James I know uncle chris talks about you guys a lot" Oakley cuts me off.

Gabby and Blake come walking over to us.

"Hey who's this?" gabby asks looking Oakley up and down.

"This is Oakley dr.rogers nephew" gabby shakes Oakley's hand then Blake's.

"Oakley these are some of my best friends, Gabriela and her mate Blake" I gesture to both of them.

"Nice to meet ya" Oakley says in a Australian accent.

I didn't realise he had Australian accent.

"Where are you from?" Blake asks.

I thought Blake was never going to speak.

"Australia" Oakley shoves his hands in his jeans pockets.

'Something about this Oakley makes me uneasy, I don't trust him skylar' James mind links me.

I have to admit Oakley is a bit uncomfortable to be around but I trust dr. roger.

'Dr. roger wouldn't of let him stay if he was a threat James' I assure James.

'Okay but just be careful I'm not having a repeat of Mason' James pulls me closer to his chest.

"I think me and skylar are gunna dance please excuse us" James pulls me along and away from everyone.

I wave at gabby before entering the dance floor.

"James I can't really dance to music like this" I stand in the middle of the dance floor awkwardly.

I've never been able to dance to music like pop and R&B, or rock.

"I doubt that" James spins me around.

Gabby and Blake come running up to us, gabby grabbing my hand.

Gabby starts doing the sprinkler, I start laughing hysterically.

James and Blake just dance normally like guys do.

I start dancing with gabby, swinging my hips.

"See you can dance!" gabby screams over the music.

'Told you' James mind links smugly.

I glare at James. he just shrugs looking smug.

-

Dancing like an idiot for two hours doesn't help when you in high heels.

All four of us sit at a table drinking, watching the dance floor getting my empty.

"Does anyone else's feet hurt?" gabby asks rubbing her heel.

"Mine!" James, Blake and me raise our hands.