Chapter 3 (edited) ✔

"Skylar!" I hear my dad shout. I freeze. I turn around to see him staring at me with curious eyes. I shift back and walk to my farther. I try and think of an excuse and say the first thing that came to mind. "False alarm daddy, it was just a real wolf." my father raises his eyebrow. It's a terrible lie but I've never done this before. "really?" he asks. "Yep I made sure." this is the first time I've ever lied in my life and i could feel my palms starting to sweat. "Mason take my daughter home." I walk over to mason. we start walking back, leaving my farther still stood there. what if he goes and finds James? Will he kill him? A shiver runs down my spine and my chest tightens. 

-

"So... who was he?" Mason asks with raised eyebrows. "who was who? mason it really was a normal grey wolf." I lie badly again. "That's not what your wrist and neck says," I look at my wrist, it's all cut and blood drips onto the ground as we walk. I lift my hand up to my neck, it's dripping with crimson blood just like my wrist. "It didn't want to be friendly?" It came out more than a answer. I mentally slapped myself, I'm such a bad liar. "Fine tell me when your ready but I'm not going to forget" a part of me knew that he wouldn't forget and that I'm going to have to tell him one day.

James:

I run towards town, not sure of what to do. I just found my mate. I thought that the mood goddess was playing a joke on me. Never did i believe i could ever find my mate, i thought i was cursed to never find her. Skylar smelled like mint tea and lavender. it reminds me of when I was five and my mother took me to the flower gardens, we had mint tea in our pack territory. That was before I became a teenager and everything changed.

My anger issues was caused by my pack kicking me out. It was the daughter who wanted to sleep with me, she begged me to. As soon as I said no she flirted more and because I was young and stupid I said yes. She wasn't even pretty compared to my mate. she was a blonde, with blue eyes. she only cared about bragging to her friends and a complete selfish person. I don't know what I was thinking, but like I said I was young and stupid.

I've been a rogue for three years now and it doesn't get any better than what I'm doing now. I'd sleep on the streets and just manage to get a job for a while before getting kicked out because I was trespassing. I never seemed to be accepted anywhere. Not even from my own pack or father. I was 16 when the kicked me out. I couldn't believe that my parents would let me leave like that. I'm their son but they just let me get banished after something as silly as sleeping with the Alphas daughter. I hate my old Alpha with passion. 

I wonder what my parents would think if they saw me now? I've found my mate, become a full time rogue. Disappointment. I've never settled down anywhere in my life. but I'm turning twenty next year. maybe I should try and settle down somewhere. I can't leave my mate. I want to get to know her, I want to meet her friends, I want to be her mate. For the first time in my life, I feel calm. Normally I would punch a tree or wall then run away like I always did, but this time running isn't a option. I have to stay and get to know my mate. I have to stay. 

Skylar:

The guilt is killing me. Lying to my dad was the worse thing I could of done, but lying to Mason, that hurt like hell. I've never lied in my life and frankly I hate it. how do people do this everyday? how do teenagers lie to there parents? am I becoming a normal teenager? what's happening to me? I don't like this one bit. it feels wrong and i just want to go up to my father's office and tell him everything. But the fear of James dying stops me every time.

What do I do if I see him again? just start a conversation? 'oh! hey remember me the Alphas daughter. your mate?' No, I don't think so. I'm never going to be able to look at my dad and my best friend in the eye ever again. what have I done?

"Mason!" I shout running down the halls. Mason comes instantly. "what's wrong?" I hug his muscular  body. Mason is tall, well built, strong he would never let anyone hurt me. I trust him with my life, I'd never betray him and i know he'd never betray me. "I need to talk to you," I hug him tighter. "about what?" I take a deep breath. "Ten minutes ago" I lasted ten minutes of lying and i felt my cheeks heat up. That's quite pathetic. "Okay, I'm glad you came to your senses, I thought I might I have to drug you." I smack his arm as he chuckles. "I'm being serious Mason. I need to talk to you if not you who else have I got?" I exclaim. Mason nods and hugs me back before letting me go. 

We go back to my room and sit down on my white bed covers. "Mason this is serious," I look around my room. It's so bare, white was the colour scheme I picked out for my room. which I totally regret picking. My room is just simple. a brown four poster bed with white covers. I have two side tables at each side of the bed, one with a lamp, the other table has a book stack on top. I have a walk in wardrobe, filled with clothes, that I hardly wear. I have my own bathroom, which is simple and white with a seaside theme. I have a desk table, with all my college stuff on top, all my college stuff is put away neatly, I'm a clean freak that way. I have a tall stand up mirror, next to my window. my room is square. but the big window makes up for it.

"Okay what's up?" Mason asks."it was a rogue but i didn't want him to be killed so i let him go, also he's my mate..." I whisper quickly. I didn't really want to tell Mason but I couldn't stand lying to him. "what?" I thought he might catch that being Mason with his brilliant hearing. "It was a rogue but I didn't want him killed so i let him go, also he's my mate." I mumble a little louder this time. "what?" Irritation takes over me and I feel myself lose control. 

"For Flip Sake! It was a rogue! I let him go because he's my mate!" I growl out. I really let my wolf take over then. He sits still for a minute. "Did you just say what I think you said?" I nod. "You found your mate? congrats Skylar." is he broken? he sounds like a robot. I look at him in disbelief. "Is that all you heard?" I ask. "No I'm just letting that sink in first." he says staring at the floor.  I sit crossed legged as he lets the information sink in. I'm wearing a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a long sleeves black top. my hair is down and frizzy. I don't wear makeup much because it hurts your skin more and I just don't like it. also I don't know how to put makeup on.

"Your mates a rogue!" Mason bursts out. I jump back in surprise. "you've got to tell your dad! No, don't tell your dad. He will kill him the bring him back just to kill him again." Mason rambles. That's my point. I think to myself. "what an amazing piece of advice. Lie to my dad so he will kick me out of the pack." shivers run down my spine. The thought sends fear through me. "Your farther would never do that Skylar you know that," Mason reassures me. I nod slowly. "No matter how mad he would get he will still love you as much as he did before he found out." mason assures me once more, making me smile. "Maybe a tiny bit less for lying but other than that he will still love you." My smile drops and a frown replaces it. "Thanks Mason I really love your advice," I sarcastically smile. "you love my advice!" Mason says and I sigh. He's such a child. "Come on, I'm starving." I take Mason's hand and drag him down the hall.