[53] The Kian Thing

Start from the beginning

"London." she responded with a smile. "My father lives there, but I decided to move here, to live with my mother and finish my last year of school here rather than in London."

I nodded, my mouth forming an 'o' shape. "Is it nice there?" 

She shrugged. "Mundane." was her brief response. "I'm sure you would love it, but I lived there all my life, so to me, it is just ordinary."

I get it. I am sure that foreigners would adore the scenery of which Dayton Lakes withholds; the tall emerald forest trees, the large lake, and long windy streets, the ancient buildings, and lack of infrastructure. Our town is simple, old-fashioned, but simple.

"Why? Are you interested in traveling there?" Sabine continued to ask.

I nodded, my thoughts subsiding. "Not necessarily. I am moving there at the end of Summer break to attend college." I explained, my serotonin levels rising just from the mentioning of my future. "Believe it or not, I did not take this class just because it was the only good elective."

Though, I will admit, it was the only good one. But I did still choose it because of my passion for the subject.

"Believe it or not I didn't either." she replied surprising me, sliding her sketchbook over to me, gesturing for me to look. "I'm actually planning on going to the London College of Fashion once I graduate. I more so want to thrive in the photography aspect, you know. . .capturing the art, the models, etcetera."

Interesting.

I could not help but feel excited that I have officially found someone whom shares some common interests with me.

I nodded, skimming through the detailed pages of her book. If her photography skills are half as good as the designs placed on these worn pages, then I am sure that she is incredibly talented. "Impressive." I responded, gawking at her art. "My boyfriend is into photography, though I have never actually seen his work. I think he believes that it is lame." I quoted him.

Sabine nodded, gladly taking her book back as I slid it back over. "Oh, Lakyn Westbrook, right?" she asked and I nodded, just the sound of his name making me happy. "Yeah, he's in my photography class. Never shows his work, but from what I've seen—which is little—he is really talented."

I smiled at her kind words. "I'm sure he would really appreciate that."

Sabine shook her head, a small smile playing on her lips. "Actually, I disagree. I complimented him once and he basically laughed in my face and then proceeded to tell me that my work was—and I quote—fucking terrible."

My eyes widened, guilt piling up in my chest. "I am so sorry." I apologized for my blunt boyfriend. "He does not really know how to take compliments from people, he thinks that they are lying. I am sure that he did not mean it."

She laughed me off. "No worries."

We then proceeded to spend the lesson doing barely any work and mostly talking about our shared love for fashion. I find it interesting that whilst I love the fashion itself and designing it, she adores capturing the essence of the fashion itself and getting others to perceive it the way that she does.

It felt good to talk to someone whom was not interested in my boyfriend or my money or the secrets that I obtain. She only cared about me as a person. 

Once the bell rung, we exited the classroom hastily, following behind the other students whom were desperate to get to lunch.

Sabine walked with me to my locker, seeing as hers was practically next to mine. Just as I slammed my locker door shut, a group of boys walked over, all of them extremely attractive, though nothing compared to Lakyn, of course.