[28] Good Girl

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

I AWOKE TO the sound of the engine being killed, the car jerking forward as I then grew confused as to why I was in a car in the first place, but then I had remembered that I did not attend school today and we had actually skipped school. I lost my skipping school virginity today.

I barely remember falling asleep, I must have slept the entire ride home.

"Shit." a deep voice murmured and my eyes flew open in an instant.

I used my hands to wipe my sleepy eyes, turning to face him with a mixture consisting of both confusion and disgust.

I turned around, my confusion growing even more when I realized that we were no longer in my car and both Eden and Hale were gone.

"Why am I with you?" I asked tiredly, yawning loudly as I stretched my arms up into the air.

Lakyn turned his car off, pulling the keys from the ignition before turning to face me with a blank expression, "Hale told me to bring you here or some shit." he murmured carelessly, "Something about him getting you soon and your dad being a cunt."

Sounds about right. Quite clearly Hale put me in the—not very safe—care of Lakyn whilst he goes home and does whatever that may be and he will pick me up later, so that he can take me home himself and make sure that my father does not do anything of which requires getting the police involved.

"Right. . ." I sighed, "Did I sleep for the whole drive?" I asked as I shivered, still in nothing but my wet uniform and Lakyn's varsity jacket.

He nodded, "You were shaking in your sleep." he said softly and his words made me realise how cold I truly felt.

I still felt like I was sinking in the ocean I was that freezing. My bones were aching, my headache there still—but barely—and my lips felt dry and chapped.

"My mom's a nurse, you should come inside and she'll give you something to make you feel better."

His mother is a nurse? I forget that. I am familiar with Lillian-whatever-her-last-name-is-now due to the mass amount of times of which my father and her had to discuss with my elementary teacher over Lakyn's behavior towards me.

She is a nice lady, though I have never really talked to her other than when I was forced by my teacher to explain to her what her son had done to me during lunch breaks, in other words I had to talk to her a lot. But when high school came, I grew up and learned to fight back, so it has been over four years since I have seen her.

I gulped, though it felt like I swallowed a knife due to the dryness of my throat, "I think you should just take me home."

He glared at me, "You know, I don't really like your company either, but you're sick." he said, his tone gradually going from angry to soft, "Let me look after you, sweetheart."

As his hand darted out to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, I parted my lips, my mouth feeling dryer than the Sahara Desert—and not because of my sickness.

"Yeah?" he asked with a nod, dropping his hand.

I panted, nodding, "Y-Yes." I stuttered like a complete idiot, "Yes, I mean."

What on earth is wrong with me?

He smiled at me proudly, as though he had just won a trophy. It almost made me want to leave the car and run home because I am not some trophy to be won. I have enough self-respect to know that, but considering how terribly ill I feel right now, I need some form of medication which I will not have at home. We do not have a single pill, no aspirin, Panadol or cough syrup. It is for the safety of my mother and my undiscovered addictive personality.