[35] Heartless Heartbreaker

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

SHE TASTED BITTER, like tequila and salt, but after my lips moved against hers for a moment, I could taste raspberry and the strange mixture was rather tentative.

Eden went stiff for a moment as shock consumed her before she placed her hands on my waist and moved her lips against mine as well. I had never kissed a girl before, in fact, I had never even thought about it, but it was rather intoxicating.

The music continued to blast and the lights continued to flash, whilst people gasped and were probably watching us with wide eyes, but I did not care. I was kissing my best friend and I was drunk too, it felt amazing, everything did right now, and speaking of amazing, so was the look that Lakyn gave me when my eyes fluttered open and stared at him. He looked completely dumbfounded and the girl that he had in his arms, turned to follow his line of sight, when seeing me she growled before storming off.

I smiled against Eden's lips and Lakyn smirked back. Of course he is enjoying this. Seeing as it got his proper attention, I continued to kiss her, my hands sliding from the sides of her face to the back of her head.

I pulled away, in desperate need of air before Eden and I both looked at each other, hyperventilating, our expressions were blank for a moment, but then we burst into a fit of laughter.

"Two points to team Lidan and zero to Lale." she remarked, a goofy yet proud smile on her lips.

I chuckled, high-fiving her before looking over to where Lakyn had just been standing, and that is when I noticed that he was no longer there.

I whipped my head around vastly, searching for those eyes which resemble the water in the Maldives, confused and flustered when I then tripped over my own feet and then someone caught me.

It was Lakyn, of course. 

Oh, the irony. Of course, I fall just after saying that I do not fall and of course Lakyn of all people catches me.

"Careful there, Violet." he said smoothly, placing me back on my own two feet.

I rolled my eyes, flattening out my dress as I felt the sudden urge to go and get myself another drink.

"Can we go somewhere and talk for a minute?" Lakyn asked, his hands lingering on my waist and I turned to see if that would be okay with Eden, but she was with Hale now.

I nodded, "I suppose."

Lakyn nodded, wrapping an arm around my waist as he led me to the kitchen where there was a sliding glass door that he opened, right after he grabbed a bag of Lays crisps. I stepped outside before him and then we walked over to the edge of the wooden deck and dangled our legs off as it was half a meter or so above the ground. His feet could touch the grass, but not mine.

"That right there," he pointed to a blazing bright light in the sky, "is Venus."

I squinted, looking up at where he pointed and I noticed that it was far brighter than the stars that littered the night sky, bigger too. "How do you know that?" I asked softly.

He shrugged, "Sometimes Lex and I climb onto the roof when momma and Matte are out of town and look for it." he explained, "It's usually in the western part of the sky. It's always brighter than the stars, so it's pretty easy to find."

"So, the bad boy likes space, huh?"

Lakyn chuckled, "And the popular girl likes alcohol, huh?" he mimicked me and I rolled my eyes.

It is just a one-time thing.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked him as I gaped at the star-littered sky above me.