𝟐.𝟐 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱

Start from the beginning

Most, if not all of the Order members were crowded around Harry and you. Next to Sirius stood a man named Remus Lupin, who you were told used to be a Hogwarts professor. He seemed nice and you wish you had transferred in time to have taken one of his classes. Pacing back and forth behind the table was Professor Moody. Opposite of Harry sat Ron's father, Mr. Weasley. He had a stern look on his face as he nodded along with the rest of the men.

"I don't understand," Harry gulped, folding his hands on the tabletop. "What does the ministry have against me?"

The current topic of conversation was Harry's upcoming hearing. You still didn't really understand why Harry's 'crime' was so much more pressing than yours. Perhaps you just didn't understand European magical politics.

You looked up in time to see Sirius tilt his head up a fraction. "Show him," he spoke. A silence fell over the rest of the room. The only other sound was of Mrs. Weasley humming as she tended to the dishes.

"He'll find out soon enough," Professor Moody quipped, stomping to the end of the table and back, walking stick thumping against the floor with every step. You peered up at him and observed for a moment. He seemed different than he did last year. He carried a different demeanor, a less intimidating one. 

 He didn't seem like the person that would force a student to watch a bug being tortured. But if you remembered correctly, that's exactly what he did. While you were zoned out, Moody's prosthetic eye rolled around to stare at you. You looked away, awkwardly shifting the pie crust on your plate once more.

A newspaper slid across the table and fell open in front of Harry. You put your fork down and leaned onto his shoulder as he pulled it closer to him. You sneered as you read the name of the paper, The Daily Prophet, but continued to study the headline anyway. "The boy who lies?" You read aloud.

"He's been attacking Dumbledore as well," Lupin said.

"Fudge is using all of his power, including his influence at the Daily Prophet, to smear anyone who claims the Dark Lord has returned." Sirius chimed in.

"Why would he want to do that?" You ask, eyebrows furrowed as you looked across the table. The attention drifted to you and for a moment there was a beat of silence. Sirius's eyes met yours and he cleared his throat. "The minister thinks that Dumbledore is after his job."

"That's insane!" Harry slammed the paper back on the table as if it had burned him just holding it. "No one in their right mind would believe that!"

"Exactly the point. Fudge isn't in his right mind; it's been twisted and warped by fear. Fear makes people do terrible things, harry. The last time Voldemort gained power, he almost destroyed everything we hold most dear. Now he has returned and I'm afraid the Minister will do almost anything to avoid facing that terrifying truth." The expression on Lupin's face morphed as he spoke, like acknowledging the inevitable truth was painful.

"We think Voldemort wants to build up his army again," says Sirius. "Fourteen years ago he had huge numbers at his command and not just witches and wizards but all matter of dark creatures. He's been recruiting heavily lately..."

You tried to make yourself as small as possible under their sudden gaze. You could feel your ears start to itch under their attention. "My..." you start, gulping down air. "My parents."

"We do not blame you for their actions, (Y/N)," Sirius nodded. "They were persuaded under the intention of protecting you. But they have made their allies very clear and we are not amongst them. We have to recognize what this means for you."

Your eyes found Harry's and he shot you a concerned look. "What does that mean for me?" You ask against your better judgement. Were they going to revoke their welcoming arms? Or even worse, turn you back over to the Death Eaters?

Harry looked back to Sirius. You couldn't see the look he was shooting him but you watched as Sirius nodded and turned back to you. "It won't be long until they seek you out as a follower as well and when that day comes--" "No!"

You jumped in your seat as Mrs. Weasley came around and snatched the newspaper off of the table, crumpling it up in her hands. "They're just children!" She huffed, eyes burning into the back of your head. "Say much more and you might as well induct them into the Order straight away!"

"Good," You snap, surprising yourself. Even Harry looked shocked as you twisted around in your chair, posture as straight as you could manage it. "I'll do anything to prove I'm not like my parents. I want to join the Order!"

"Yeah, if Voldemort's raising an army then I want to fight!" Harry added.

Sirius looked between you and Harry, eyes glistening with a new hope that hadn't been there prior. He then set his eyes on Mrs. Weasley and shrugged, slumping back in his chair. He had a satisfied grin on his face and it was almost contagious with how quickly it then spread to yours.

 (A/N: Fun fact: the word 'parents' is one of the most common words in this book. Don't ask why, I've avoided using it as much as possible. We're getting to the good stuff soon, I promise. Let me know if you guys see any mistakes and I'll try and get them fixed as soon as possible).