7~Time to be Wicked, Youngling

Start from the beginning

"*Oipho..." Sophie cursed in disbelief. The cavern opened up to a large room larger than any of the spiraling hallways Sophie had traveled past. The rocky walls were adorned with Grecian symbols and Inalian language. Words Sophie barely recognized, even though she knew the symbols.

The dank air suddenly turned cold, the small rocks no longer tumbling, and nearby underground river going still.Sophie clenched her bow, nocking an arrow. "No, I don't like that." She sucked in a breath as she pressed further into the cavern, "I'm getting boss level vibes from this." She muttered to herself in Inalian.

She approached the back of the room, glaring at the lit torches. No one has been in here in thousands of years, how were there lit torches?Sophie stepped up the platform, approaching the center crypt. "Artifact, artifact... could it kill people to be a little bit more specific?" She muttered to herself. She looked towards the large throne, scanning it over. It was built of the same black metal as the Draugr's swords, small skulls decorating the top. Sophie sighed with her hands on her hips. "Come on, I just want to go home!" She hissed. A voice rattled in her head, one she had never heard before. "You might want to duck." It chuckled. Sophie straightened, "Duck?" A roar came from behind her, one of the tombs booming open. Sophie ducked as an ax swung for her head, rolling out of the way. Sophie glared at her opponent, clicking her tongue in annoyance.

A Draugr Death Lord. One of the stronger Mirthless powered corpses.

"Malaka." Sophie cursed, getting up and nocking an arrow. The Death Lord swung for her again, Sophie dodging and shooting an arrow into its chest. It just cackled as it pulled the arrow out, the laugh a merely wheezing howl from the years of decay. Sophie instead decided to sling her bow across her back and slide underneath another swing of his ax, bringing her elbow to his side and ducking behind him. The Deathlord stumbled, allowing Sophie to swing to the back of him and wrap her hands around his neck from behind. She slammed her hands down, breaking his neck from behind. The Deathlord dropped, his body sliding to the ground against Sophie's. Sophie panted, turning her head to the throne once again.

On it sat a woman.

Pale skin, unlike any other. Like the life was sucked out of it. A beautiful face, sharp jaw with strong cheekbones and a thin nose. Her hair was to her waist, surprisingly clean for being in an underground dungeon. But it was her eyes that took Sophie back. The color of burnished gold. Snowy white hair that went right past her hips. On her fingers sat golden claws, just like the ones Sophie wore at the Egypitnat conference. Signs of Inalian royalty.

"That was a good move there. Inalian fighting style in origin, " She chuckled. Sophie knew that, her father was the one who taught it to her. 

 Sophie stared in shocked silence, staring over the woman. "Are you Queen Kassandra?" Sophie asked. She chuckled slightly, her hands gripping the edges of the throne as she relaxed against it, "The one and only, darling." She spoke, her voice was deep and almost intoxicating. Sophie clenched her fists, opening her mouth, but Kassandra put up a hand. "I know who you are, youngling. Kynareth's little plaything." Sophie swallowed. She couldn't help but feel... humbled, to be in Kassandra's presence. This was a pureblooded Inalian Queen.

"Kassandra... why am I here? What does Kynareth want me for?" Sophie asked. Kassandra splayed her hand across her thigh as she thought. "Are the Mirthless still running above ground?" She asked. Sophie nodded. Kassandra muttered to herself, "So the kids are still alive then?Sophie sighed, shaking her head, "Kassandra, I have no idea what on earth you are talking about."

Kassandra's eyes flickered with something, but she merely muttered something under her breath Sophie couldn't hear. A mist gently drifted down from the ceiling above, settling on the ground as Kassandra stood up, shakily, Sophie stepping forward to catch her in case she falls. Kassandra waved her hand, and the mist shifted to an image of bright, lively colors. It was Inalia from thousands of years ago, a sprawling Kingdom ruled by the monarchy. They wore different clothes, different trends, and older contraptions. But the same language, same mannerisms, all of it still Sophie's home.