"Is he gone?" Max runs back into my room from down the hall.

"Yeah", I chuckle at him, patting the seat next to me.

"So Morgan", he retakes his seat beside me. "How's life?"

"Well Max", I nod in his direction. "Life's pretty good, thanks. How's yours?"

"Life's been going well lately", he chirps happily. "Anyway, I should go get dressed", he leaves the room after waving me goodbye.

Once he leaves, I decide to get ready too. I jump in the shower, waiting for it to get hot before jumping in. The warm water feels amazing since the weather has been really cold lately. I mean, what would you expect in October. That reminds me, Halloween is soon, followed by my birthday, and then Christmas.

After spending a while under the warm water, I finish showering, getting out to get dressed. I grab a spare towel to wipe the mirror so I can see myself. As I finish clearing it, I hear my phone buzz from outside the door.

Hayley: hey. i forgot to ask since you RUDELY hung up on me, did you get a chance to talk to jacob?

Morgan: oh right, i forgot. why don't you just take his number and go from there? :)

Hayley: alright fine.

I send her his number, quickly getting back to getting ready. I walk over to my closet, picking out a red, buttoned shirt and black jeans.

Of course, I don't get ready right away because, who ever does? But after a while of scrolling through my phone, I eventually get up and change.

I then walk back into the bathroom to fix my hair and brush my teeth. I apply a small amount of makeup—concealer, mascara—because honestly, I really don't like wearing makeup. One, it's so much work, and two, it's just an extra step for the morning and in the evening. Plus, quite frankly, I don't care if I look like trash; unless it's a special occasion, of course.

"Morgan?" I hear a knock at the door.

"Yeah? Come in", I walk out of the bathroom just as Megan enters with some clothes in her hand.

"Hey, sorry to um—bother you", she starts.

"You're not bothering me", I assure her. "What do you need?"

"My idiot of a brother packed me clothes to wear for today and this is what he chose", she walks over to my bed, placing the clothes down. "A teal donut shirt and white, baggy jeans. Please tell me you have nicer clothes that I could fit into", she turns to me.

"I could find try and find some", I begin to walk over to my closet. "Give me a second", I look through the clothes before remembering that I have some clothes in a bag, that still fit me, but barely. "Wait. Try these", I pull out a pair of grey jeans, handing them to her. "I have a bunch of jeans and sweatpants that barely fit me so I put them in a bag, but I didn't know what to do with them. You can have them if you want. If they fit you, of course".

"Thanks", she smiles at me.

"And, you could maybe wear this", I go back to my closet, picking out a white shirt that ties up at the bottom. "It comes up to here on me", I point to the part just below my chest. "But it will probably come to a bit lower on you. Go try them on and see if you like them", I gesture to my bathroom.