Chapter 50

The day of Harry's coronation has finally arrived. I couldn't be any happier for him because he is the one person who truly deserves this. He deserves this more than any other person I know. I was staying with him most of the day keeping him company. He was getting dressed and whatnot with the help of his maids. I was dressed hours ago by Trish and I couldn't wait to get the show on the road.

"Nervous?" I asked as I swung my legs.

"More than anything," he said exhausting a heavy sigh. "It's probably the most nerve wracking day of my life to date. I can't wait until the end of the day."

"How come?" I asked.

"It'll be over," he grinned to me as he ran his hands over the front of his jacket, he paused over his right breast letting his hand rest there. He donned the red jacket that I have grown so used to seeing him in the past months. "I'm glad you're here, Em."

"I'm glad I'm here too," I smiled reaching out to grab his hand.

If I didn't know he was nervous before, I definitely know it now. The palms of his hands were moist with perspiration. That must have been why he was wiping his hands on his jacket. I gave Harry a wide smile as I held his hand.

"It does mean the world to me that you're here, Em," he said with a smile. "Is your family coming today?"

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"I didn't know if you talked to them since you moved back here," he said quietly. "I am still getting to know them, remember?"

"Oh yes," I giggled walking over to him and wrapping my arms around his neck once the maids left the room to retrieve something. "You have to know my family. I forgot about that."

"No you didn't," he chuckled. "You choose to ignore it."

"No," I laughed. "I chose to let you infest my mind with clutter." A blush rose on Harry's cheeks. He leaned up to kiss my lips. I bowed down to kiss him in a sweet kiss.

"Tonight will be the coronation ball," he sighed. "I don't want to go."

"It's your coronation," I laughed. "You have to go."

"The coronation isn't even working out how it's supposed to go," he sighed. "We were supposed to be coroneted together. It was supposed to be a moment," he said looking into my blue eyes.

"It still will be," I promised touching my hand to his cheek. "We still get to spend them together."

A smile appeared on his beautiful face. He took his bottom lip in between his teeth as he looked at me. He leaned forward bringing his lips to mine. He deepened the kiss sliding his tongue across the bottom of my lip.

"I love you," He murmured pressing his forehead to mine. "You're the best thing in my life."

"You're the best thing that could ever happen to me, Harry," I whispered to him. "You're going to make everyone proud today."

"You think so?" he asked, his eyes locking with mine.

"I know so," I said kissing his lips gently.

Moments later, his maids returned carrying a large red and white robe. It looked to be entirely made of fur and looked as if it has been preserved for centuries. Who made the robe was beyond me. This robe, however, showed me that this was a mark of the nation. These were coronation robes fit for the finest king.

"You look nothing like your father," One of his maids said shaking her head as she put the robe on him.

Harry turned to me with wide eyes as I took in the robe on his broad shoulders. The size of the robe was a one size fits all. There were no buttons to be done on it. It was a white ribbon that held the large robe up. The way Harry looked in these robes made me think of him as one of those princes in the fairytales my mum would read to me when I was younger. His tall figure seemed to be swallowed by the robe, but it looked good on him.