Chapter 34

That evening, Queen Anne invited me to have tea with her in the powder room. She didn't have all the bright lights turned up. The only lights were candles and the string of white lights surrounding the room. It felt calm. I felt calm. It was a nice feeling after the hectic few weeks we've had.

"It's good to have Harry home isn't it?" she asked as she poured herself a cup of tea. "Do you know if he's well?"

"He hasn't exactly left my room. When I came here, he was sleeping," I chuckled stirring my own tea. "I'm just glad he's safe and getting better."

"Me too," she said sipping at her hot tea. "I am just glad he's well. It's good he's been sleeping though, helps the body recover better."

I smiled at her. Even after knowing her for months now, I still was in awe of her humble attitude towards everything. I sometimes forget that once upon a time, she was me. She was the girl sitting in my place and nervous about if she will have to go back to her family. 

"Your brother was asking about you the other day," she said quietly. "Lucas was wondering when you wanted to pop by. Your mum has some new recipes she wants you to try apparently," Queen Anne laughed. I liked her laugh, it sounded like wind chimes lightly clanging together in the summer breeze.

"I'll stop by there in a day or two," I nodded picking up the cup of tea. "I just want to make sure Harry's settled before I leave him." At this comment, Queen Anne looked up at me with a soft smile on her face. 

"He can survive without you for a day. Gemma is here to take care of him as well as me," Queen Anne smiled. "Go visit your family, I'm sure they miss you."

"They can survive another day or so," I laughed. "My mum understands why I can't be there right now."

"I say you go tomorrow. I'm not kicking you out dear! I'm just telling you to go spend some time with your mum," she smiled. "I'll have the car here after breakfast. You'll be having breakfast with Harry I presume?"

"Always," I nodded. "It's our thing."

"I noticed," she smiled. "Wednesday morning is when Harry's coming back to throne room. We're easing him into things again."

"By boring him to death? You know how much he hates being in the throne room," I laughed.

"He'll be running it one day," she smiled knowingly to me. "Sooner than you think."

"I doubt that," I said fixing the skirt of my dress. "I haven't told him yet."

"Told him what dear?" she asked. 

"The words," I sighed. "He wants to have the okay to plan everything. I think with everything going on right now it's best if I wait to tell him I'm ready."

Queen Anne grinned to me and got off her chair. She walked across the room to a cabinet that I overlooked the last times I've been in here. She walked back to me with a large book in her hand. She sat down opening the book on her lap.

"This is my wedding book," she smiled. "I want you to have as much input as you want into it when the time comes. This is the day you become a princess until you are crowned a queen. I remember every detail like it was yesterday," she sighed turning the book for me to look at. 

A youthful looking queen was smiling over her shoulder in a white gown. The most beautiful gown I had ever seen in photos. She looked like a princess that day and her radiating smile gave away that she must have felt the same way.

"It's hard to believe this was almost thirty years ago," she sighed. "My kids are adults both about to be married. One is at least."

"Gemma thinks of Prince Louis as a friend," I noted.