"Dragon Armour?" Wu asked.
"Worn by the First Spinjitzu Master. Whoever controls the armour controls Firstbourne. And he who controls Firstbourne can protect us from the Oni." Chew Toy explained.
"Oni?" Cole asked, but no one really elaborated.

"When the Oni see me riding on the mother of all Dragons." No legs started.
"That will be the day." A hunter interjected.
"It's gonna be me, you know." He replied, crossing his arms.

"The Oni, what do they look like?" Cole asked, looking over to me for an answer.
"He's right-" Jet Jack was about to say before a loud roar cut her off.

"Dragon!" A hunter yelled, everyone leaping into action to capture the beast that was flying around.

I froze before catching myself, standing up and following Cole and Wu over to an unoccupied gun of sorts that could shoot chains.

"Dragon! Don't just stand there, Dangerbuff! Man the turret!" No legs yelled, looking up to us.

I helped Cole line the gun up and search for the dragon, waiting for the right time to shoot it down.

"Where is she ? There! There!" Iron Baron yelled, pointing up into the sky. "A Wind Dragon! I good-sized one too. Lay low! Let her come. Wait for it. Now!"

Cole started to slowly move the gun to face the tower Kai, Zane and Jay were tied to.

"Take a shot, Dangerbuff!" No legs cried up to me. "What are you waiting for?"

Cole shot the chains and "accidentally" hit the tower that Kai, Zane and Jay were tied to, causing it to fall down.

"Oh, no. My mistake." Cole apologised to No legs, who scowled.
"I should've known to never trust a Dangerbuff. Get out of there!"

We climbed down from the vehicle and looked around to see if anyone was watching us, thankfully no one was.

"Now's our chance. Let's get them." Cole said.
"She;s making a run for it! Follow her!" Iron Baron yelled as the wind dragon flew by, ruffling our hair in the wind.

The hunters quickly jumped into the vehicles, throwing the ninja back into the cage before Cole, Wu or I could do anything.

"You heard the Baron. Get a move on!" No legs yelled to us.

"This way." I said, pulling the two along with me and quickly climbing onto the back where the ninja were in their cage.

The vehicles rumbled to life and sped off in pursuit of the dragon, only to eventually catch the dragon and trap it.

We watched the whole thing happen sadly, neither of us saying a word as the hunters gleefully tied the dragon up and dragged the dragon off with them as we made our way back to the hunter's home.

"So tonight wasn;t our night." Kai said sadly.
"It wasn't hers, either." Jay pointed out, looking to where the dragon was.

"We'll figure out a way t get out of this. For us and the Dragons." Cole said as we quietly sat there.

———

"Fix your radio, Muzzle. That's driving me crazy." No legs said, making me snap to attention.
I wasn't sure how much time had passed, but I knew at least a couple of hours since the sun was rising again.
I was still on the end of the vehicle that held Kai, Zane and Jay hostage, but Cole and Wu were gone.

"Hey, wakey, wakey Ninja! Welcome back to the Dead's End." No Legs said to the three, who were starting to stir.

"Guys, I heard Lloyd. "The Resistance never quits." It never quits." Jay whispered to us.
I rolled my eyes. How could have he heard him?
"Looks like we lost Jay again." Kai sighed while I nodded in agreement.

Jay shook his head. "No, no, no. I'm not crazy. I really heard him. On the radio."
"If that's true, then let's hope Cole can get us out of here." Zane replied.
"Yeah. Get us all out of here." Kai agreed.

The vehicle came to a stop and I hopped off, looking around for either Cole or Wu.
"Dangerbuff!" Someone yelled, making me turn around to look for who called.
I saw Jet Jack waving over to me. "Help me out here!" She yelled.

"I'll be back guys." I muttered to the three before walking over to help Jet Jack with whatever she needed help with.

———

Eventually I could leave Jet Jack, eventually finding Cole and Wu, who were looking for where the other three were. Apparently they weren't in the cage anymore.

After a little while of walking around, we found the three chained to an area, shovelling dragon dung.

Man, it reeked.

I saw No legs walk over to us along with...Muzzle? As we were near.

"There you three are, been looking for ya. I think you should leave the aiming and shooting to other hunters." No Legs said with a glare.
Cole nodded. "We've got it. If we can't shoot straight, may as well make ourselves useful."

The two nodded, Muzzle mumbling something, before walking away.

Then we walked over to the ninja.
"Tell me you have a plan." Kai said, looking at us hopefully.

"Well, it's in the early stages." Cole replied, rubbing his neck.
Wu and I shared a glance.
"He doesn't have a plan." Wu said, looking at the three.

"Tonight we feast!" Iron Baron yelled from somewhere nearby, causing us to go quiet before continuing to speak.

"With this space swarming with hunters, breaking you out is gonna be impossible." I said, looking around to make sure no one was listening on us.
"If only Firstbourne paid Iron Baron a visit, we'd have a distraction." Zane muttered.

I stiffened but forced myself to relax, looking at Zane with a raised eyebrow.
"Wait, what did you just say?" Jay asked.

"Did I mispronounce the name?" Zane asked, looking at me and Cole. "The mother of all Dragons you spoke of. It sounds like there's a lot of history between her and Iron Baron."
I nodded. "Yeah, the hunters told us a bit on those two. But how would we lure the mother of all Dragons here?"

"We'e only confined by the walls we build ourselves." Jay mumbled before looking up to everyone. "Build the impossible!"

I raised an eyebrow, confused on what he meant.
"Yup. Sounds crazy." Wu commented with a nod.
"Those were your words!" Jay defended.

"Shhh. What are you getting at?" Kai asked.
"Okay, if we can't wait for the mother of all Dragons, we build it." Jay said, making Kai groan.

"Now I know you've lost it."
"Jay might me onto something. If we could trick Iron Baron into thinking he's under attack.." Zane started.
"Then we could have the distraction to break you out!" Cole finished.

"Hey, Dangerbuff. Stop burning daylight, and get over here!" No legs yelled to us from a tent.

"Uh, yeah, be right there!" I called back.
"If you can design it, we can build it outside of camp. Then get it in the air by nightfall." Cole said the three in a low voice.

"Then it's a plan. We build the impossible." Jay replied determinedly as we went off to help No legs.

Word Count: 1847 words