[sixteen]

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here?"

You let out a huff as an angry smile rose to your lips. "Levi," you said, walking towards him. "Just the man I was looking for."

He put a hand on your arm. "Why were you in Erwin's office?"

You grabbed his hand and pushed it off forcefully. "Why don't you tell me why I haven't gotten any titan-killing training yet?"

"Because it's not necessary-"

"Oh? Not necessary?" You raised an eyebrow. "Not necessary for when they send me outside the walls with you all? Really?"

Levi's expression changed. "...Erwin's sending you on the next expedition?" he said in a low voice.

"He asked me if I felt ready."

"He can't send you. You don't know how to kill a titan yet."

"Yes, all thanks to you," you said, your voice steadily rising as you got angrier, "I can't believe you told Erwin I'm a slow learner. That's the biggest fucking lie I've ever heard, and you know it. It's not that I'm a slow learner, it's that you didn't bother to fucking teach me anything."

"That's not—"

"You made me look like an absolute idiot, Levi," you hissed. "I don't care what other people say, but I never, ever want anyone here to think I'm weak or stupid. And you made me look like exactly that to Erwin."

"(Y/N)." Without warning, you found yourself with your back pressed against the wall, his hand slammed on the space by your ear. He leaned closer to your face. "Settle down."

You hadn't noticed you were yelling, but now that he's stopped you, you could feel your throat slightly scratching, and you were a bit light-headed.

"I'm going to talk to Erwin. And you're going to be a good girl and stay here, okay?" Levi's eyes were staring straight into yours, and you felt your cheeks heat up. Whether it was because of the embarrassment from throwing a tantrum, or because he was so close you could feel his soft breath on your face, you didn't know. But what you do know is that you're still angry at him.

"Do whatever you want. I don't care," you said, ducking under his arm and walking away.