Asking pt.1

Daichi POV

I waited outside the club room for Suga. I had decided that I was going to ask if she wanted to join me to go to a small restaurant not too far from the school. I would treat her to something there, then as we left I would ask her if she would go to the dance with me.

Yeah, this could work.

I saw Suga walk out of the clubroom quickly and started to run down the steps.

Before she could get any further and before I could think about what I was saying I yelled,

"Suga! Wait!"

She stopped and turned around. I jogged to the step she was standing on and caught my breath.

"What do you need?" She asked me, cocking her head to the side.

"Oh, I was wondering if you would go to a ramen shop with me." I looked down at my feet.

"O-oh, sure. I would love to!"

I looked back up and smiled. She smiled back and my heart melted.

"Well, are we going or not?" Suga asked me.

I nodded and said,

"Follow me!"

We walked down the sidewalk, occasionally pointing out interesting things. Soon we were at the ramen shop. I held the door open for Suga and she bowed her head in thanks, which made my heart beat too fast to be healthy.

We sat down at the counter and ordered our meal. I told Suga to order whatever she wanted and she went for the super spicy mapo tofu as I expected. Soon the food came and the way she smiled in between bites was extremely cute.

My heart can't take much more of this.

~~~~~~

Soon we had finished our food. Suga was insistent on paying, but I eventually talked her out of it.

We walked out of the shop and were a little ways down the sidewalk when she tugged on my sleeve.

"Yes, Suga?"

"Well, I wanted to thank you for the food. Also, something seems to be on your mind. Is anything wrong?"

"Well... I guess I can tell you what I was talking about during practice." I mumbled.

When I hesitated she nodded for me to continue.

"Umm, well, I was wondering if you might want to go to the dance with me?" I asked shyly.

I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist. I looked to see a grey head of hair.

"Well, that's not an answer."

She pulled back and lightly hit my chest.

"Of course i'll go with you, you big goofball!" She smiled that smile that I love so much.

I held out my hand and she took it, entwining our fingers. We walked the rest of the way in silence, just enjoying each other's presence.

I dropped her off at her house and as soon as I was out of sight I started to grin like an idiot. I let out a quiet victory 'whoop!' and ran to my house as fast as I could.

~~~~~~~

Tanaka's POV

I had been pacing around my room for the past hour trying to figure out how I should ask Ennoshita to the dance.

Well, Daichi went the food route, so I probably shouldn't do that. I could just ask her directly with nothing fancy, but that's no fun.

I've got it.

I pulled out my phone and started to type out a message.

Me

Hey! Could you meet me at Mikamie park in an hour?

Ennoshita💖💖💖

Yeah sure.

I grinned. Who knew she would be so easy to convince?

I grabbed my nicest pair of jeans out of my closet and put them on. I pulled on a plain white shirt and grabbed my shoes. I ran out the door and ran for the flower shop near my house. I knew she liked violets so I had decided to grab her a small bouquet of the purple flower.

I soon had the flowers and was walking into the park when I saw that Ennoshita was already there reading her book.

I walked up behind her and yelled,

"Boo!"

She jumped and turned around. Once she realized it was me she lightly his me on the head and glared at me.

"These are for you." I blushed and held out the flowers, trying to get her to forget about the scare.

She slowly took them and held them to her nose. Smiling as she smelled them.

"They're lovely, thank you." She said in a soft tone.

If I wasn't bright red already I surely was now.

"Um, could you walk with me?" I asked her.

She nodded and stood up, putting her book back in her bag.

We started to slowly walk through the park making light conversation. Soon she looked at her watch and exclaimed,

"What! I didn't realize it was this late! I have to go!" She started to run but I grabbed her arm.

"Before you go, there's something I want to ask you." I said meekly.

She stood up normally and tilted her head to the side.

"Would you, maybe, go to the dance with me?"

She started to rock on her heels and put her hand over her mouth.

"Oh my god! I didn't mean to offend you! You don't have to go with me! You can totally say-" I was cut off by a hug.

I was surprised for a moment before I slowly hugged back. She pulled away and looked up at my face.

"I would love to go with you." She smiled.

I smiled back and said,

"Wait, didn't you say you had to go?"

She nodded and ran off.

"Bye Tanaka! See you tomorrow!" She called back.

I stood there for a long time after she had gone.

Affection swelled in my chest.

"Yeah!!" I yelled to no one in particular.

I started to run back to my house to tell Saeko the good news.

~~~~~~~~

There will be a part two to the 'asking' chapters.

This made me happy to write. I needed something fluffy.

Have a nice day/night!

~Claire