Chapter 12 - Inhibition

You wake up the next morning, the first thing you register is the lack of Spencer's presence. You look around his empty living room until you spot a small purple note on his coffee table.

"Y/N, I totally forgot that I had a couple of errands to run this morning. Hopefully, I'm back not long after you see this. Please help yourself to anything for breakfast :) -Spence"

You smiled at his crooked little smiley face. This man had three doctorates but couldn't write neatly for the life of him. 

Standing up you made your way to his kitchen, not wanting to rummage through his fridge you decided to start some coffee and have breakfast at home. As you were waiting for the coffee to brew you decided to make Spencer a sandwich as a surprise for when he got home.

You placed the plated sandwich in the middle of his granite counter and drew a little heart on the back of the note he left you. After finishing your coffee you cleaned up a bit for him, left the clothes he lent to you on his bed, and headed out.

About half an hour after you got home you got a call from Spencer.

"Hello?"

"Hey," you could hear his smile through the phone. 

"Did you see what I left for you?"

"I did, the sandwich was delicious Princess thank you."

Your heart fluttered at the pet name.

"Princess? That's a new one," you blushed hard.

"D-do you like it?"

"Hmm, I don't know, I see myself as more of a queen," you teased.

"Okay, humble yourself or no more cute nicknames for you Agent," his voice low.

You rolled your eyes but were smiling like an idiot, "Whatever you say, doctor." You ended the call leaving him hanging. 

Princess.

You've always hated pet names but coming from Spencer, you couldn't get enough of it.

...

When you got home you changed into some comfortable clothes and whipped up some breakfast for yourself. You spent the day cleaning around the house and completing some other chores before plopping down onto your couch and reading for a bit.

The evening time came around and you were surprised by a knock at your door, you weren't expecting company. 

You uncrossed your legs from the comfy position you were curled up in and walked over to the door. You unlocked it and cracked it open just enough to see who it was.

It was Spence!

You opened the door fully to find Spencer standing there with his hands filled with takeout.

"I ordered Indian!" he lifted the bags up, a pure smile spreading across his face.

You smiled and moved aside to let him in as he made his way to your couch area, placing the bags down on your carpet.

Despite being a germaphobe Spencer likes eating on the floor, he found it comforting and so did you. Every time we'd have takeout at one of the team members' houses they'd set everything up on the floor as they enjoyed it just as much, it made for a fun experience.

"You didn't tell me you were getting food for us," you said pleasantly surprised, Reid shrugged his shoulders as he took everything out the bag.

The two of you casually chatted as you ate. You occasionally laughing at Spencer sweating because of how spicy the food was and him struggling to use his fork and knife.