Chapter 9 - Running Mascara

*SMUT WARNING*

You still didn't have a new case for work the next day, which is mostly good meaning that there aren't any serial killers on the loose but you hated feeling idle, sitting at your desk for the entire day.

Just as you were finishing up some paperwork, Emily rolled up beside you in her chair. You sighed, knowing exactly what she was going to say you tried to ignore her.

She cleared her throat to let you know that she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

"How can I help you, Agent Prentiss?"

"Oh don't play dumb Y/N! Spill the details."

"I have no idea what you're talking about," your eyes not leaving your computer screen.

"Of your date silly!"

Spencer's eyes shot up to look at you from his desk that was right across from you.

Crap. You remembered back at the restaurant that he made it clear to you, he didn't want any of the team to know about you two. Luckily you had the same thing in mind before you had discussed things and didn't reveal to the girls who your date was.

"You gonna show me a picture of the lucky guy or what?"

Reid lowered his eyes in relief, Emily's statement confirming that she doesn't know it was him.

Just as you were about to blow her off you remembered what Spencer had said the other day, about his weekend being boring when really he was with you that night and decided you'd get a little revenge. "Honestly, he wasn't anything special."

When you glanced back at him, his entire demeanor had changed without him moving a single muscle. His facial expression had stayed the same but you could feel his energy shift in response to what you said.

"Aww really? No going back to your place or anything?"

"Nah, I'm not really sure if I wanted to go home with him. The guy was a bore," you settled back in your chair with exaggerated casualness.

Spencer took in a long breath as Prentiss had pity on her face.

"I honestly should have taken up your offer of a girls' night out," mischief in your voice.

Emily scoffed at your supposed 'wasted time' as Reid stood out of his chair and walked off. You laughed to yourself.

"It's okay, we can always reschedule and help find you a man together," she rolled back to her desk as you smiled.

Not long after, your phone lit up with a text from Spencer.

From: Spencer

Bad move. Come to the elevators.

Ha! You got under his skin once again. Plus, what is he going to do to you at the elevators? The only buttons you were pushing was his.

You made your way out of the bullpen, not seeing your friend anywhere. Until you felt someone grab your arm from behind and yank you into a random file room.

It was Spencer.

The room was just barely lit up, enough to make out that it was Spencer who was standing just inches from you, his eyes dark.

"You told Em?"

"I-I just told the girls I had plans and they just assumed it was a date."

"Then why'd you play along with her when she asked how your 'date' went?"

You shrugged your shoulders, not really sure yourself, "To push your buttons?"

"I don't quite believe you," he said in a false calm voice.