At night the sleepless roam.

"I'm sorry" I said to Mia.
"Hey that was not your fault. C'mon, let's go up to bed" Mia said, she walked over to me and took my hand. I stood up and followed her up the stairs. Amelia sat wide awake on the bed.
"Who was that?" She asked.
"That was Andre's father" I said sadly. "He's changed" I simply said, before pulling off my boots. I took blankets from the spare room and lay them out on the floor with a pillow, I gave Amelia my space in the bed, I lay down and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I closed my eyes tightly, wishing to fall asleep.

A few hours later I had still not fallen asleep, I tossed and turned on my pillow until I couldn't take it any longer. I looked at the clock, 3am. I sighed and sat up, pulling on my boots. I walked out the room, closed the door quietly behind me. I stepped out in the hallway, the stench of alcohol coming from Mike and Terry's room, where were they getting it all? I headed down the stairs quietly and and left the house. It was quiet out, everyone asleep apart from the night guards who sat in the watch towers. I headed through the street slowly, making my way to the main building. I slowly approached the graves and sat down next to Carlsons. Guilt ridden me that I hadn't visited it yet.
"Who were they?" A voice asked. I looked up. Amelia?
"His name was Carlson" I said, I patted the grass, indicating for her to sit by me.
"What happened to him?" She said, as she sat down. "If you don't mind me asking" she added.
"A few weeks back we went on a run to a nearby hardware store, Carlson got trapped under one of the shelves when it fell. Then the biters came, A guy named Colin pulled him out, but Colin was too slow and he got caught. Biters took him down and there was nothing we could do. Carlson thought it was his fault. Believed that if Colin was dead then he should be too. Then last week, he hung himself. I was with him on the morning and I saw how bad he looked, but I left him... I brought him some food later on in the day. But I was too late. I can't help but think that I could have saved him." I said.
"Michonne even if you did save him it would never take away the pain he must have felt. It's not your fault" she said.
"He was a good man, he didn't let this world change him" my words made me feel sick to the stomach.
"Why did you stay with him?" She asked, knowing I was talking about Mike.
"Because he would never let me take Andre away" I said.
"You can't let him hurt you like that" she sighed. "If you don't stop him, I will" she said bravely.
"I can't let you do that, he would hurt you. Don't worry about me. I'm fine, a few bruises don't matter." I said, I stood up and held out my hand. "C'mon, let's go get some sleep" she took my hand, and didn't let go as we walked back to the house.