Will we meet again.

I leant back against the wall. Mike and Terry shouted over and over again to be let out, whilst Brenden begged them to stop.
"They'll hurt you!" He shouted over and over again.
Amelia wept in the corner and Andre cried loudly, he sat cuddled next to Amelia, he was the furthest away from me. I ached to have him in my arms.
I closed my eyes and let the noise wash over me. I couldn't say I was upset to be here. Perhaps it is for the best. It's better to die in here than be eaten. I began to think about Mia, maybe I didn't need to forget anymore, maybe we would be with her soon.
My thoughts were interrupted by the door being unlocked and swung open violently. I kept my eyes closed. Mike and Terry had become silent.
"You gonna shut up now?" The man snarled.
"Just let us go man." Terry said.
"Yeah, that ain't ever gunna happen" he said and turned to walk out of the room but stopped by my feet. "I think we'll deal with you next" he said, I opened my eyes and looked up at the man. His beard was covered in mud and dirt, his face splashed with blood. I looked back down. I didn't care anymore.
"Please not her.." Brenden said. I looked across at him. For a second I had a glimpse of hope. A stranger trying to protect me. Maybe everyone left in this world wasn't truly bad. I heard the man laugh and Brenden frowned. The man lifted his leg and kicked me hard in the stomach. "Leave her alone!" Brenden shouted. The man let out another laugh before stepping out of the room and once again locking the door.
I coughed and spluttered falling to my side, I wrapped from arm around my stomach as the pain spread across my torso.
"I'm so sorry.." Brenden said.
"At least you tried" I said, I gave him a weak smile before turning to look at Mike and Terry, they stared at me emotionless. I lay down on my side, grasping my stomach tightly as tears silently fell my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. Mike and Terry had fallen quiet and Amelia has Andre tucked under her arm, she had covered his eyes.

I woke up a few hours later, having not slept in over 24 hours, my tiredness had took effect. I didn't move when I woke up. I heard Mike and Terry murmuring quietly to each other. Brenden had edged over closer to me, realising I was awake. He handed me a small bottle of water. I sat up against the wall and took a gulp of the water.
"They bring food in every couple days." He said, explaining my curiosity.
Amelia and Andre lay together, asleep from what I could see although the room had become considerably darker, perhaps it had turned night time.
"Thank you" I said. Brenden nodded.
"They've been talking about ways to get out for hours." Brenden said.
"Anything useful?" I asked.
"Definatly not." He replied, with a slight hint of laughter in his voice. He reminded me of Mia, with everything that was going on, he still found happiness. Something to smile and laugh about. Just like she did.
"We will think of something." I said, I put my hand on his shoulder.
"We can always sacrifice the boy if needs be" I heard Mike whisper. Brenden frowned once again.
"Hey if I'm getting out of here, so are you." I looked at Brenden. He nodded, but I saw the fear in his eyes.