As good as dead.

My chest ached as I sat back up. Mike, Terry and Andre had continued loading the van whilst Brenden stayed by my side.
"We should take her somewhere nice.. Peaceful. To bury her." Brenden said. I nodded, wiping away my tears.
"Make sure Andre gets in the front with Mike and Terry, I don't want him to see her like this" I said.
"No problem" Brenden headed towards the warehouse entrance. "I'm really sorry Michonne." Brenden said.
"Me too" I tried to say, managing just a whisper. Brenden headed out the warehouse and I got up, picking up my knife. I headed over to Amelia's dead body. My heart plummeted once again as I looked at her. I knelt by her side and kissed her cheek softly.
"I hope you find your mother and father and finally be at peace" I whispered, before stabbing her in the side of her head with my knife. Tears fell once again from my cheeks. I stood up, picking her up under her knees and back, I held her in my arms. I let my tears fall as I slowly headed out of the warehouse. The van was ready to go, the engine already started. Brenden stood at the back of the van, the back doors open.
"You ready?" He asked me. I nodded, heading towards him. I lowered Amelia into the van onto the blanket Brenden had laid out. Then we climbed inside the van beside her. I covered her body with the blanket, unable to look anymore.

I shouldn't have left her over there, I should have made her stay right beside me.
I should have remembered there were 6 bikers.
I should have stopped Mike.
I let her down. Just like I did with Mia.

I was woken by the shuddering of the van as we passed over a rough patch of land. I rubbed my sore eyes and sat up. Brenden sat in the corner of the van, his head in his hands.
"You've been asleep a few hours." Brenden said.
"Where are we heading?" He shrugged his shoulders, I looked into his red eyes, he had been crying.
"We haven't stopped and they can't hear us from in here" Brenden said.
I took my bandana from hair, whiping my damp face, before re-tying it around my dreads. My whole body ached. Whether it was guilt or pure exhaustion, I didn't know.
"Have you got some sleep?" I asked him, Brenden shook his head.
"I haven't been able to sleep in a long time, too afraid to close my eyes" he said.
"That was before.. You don't have to worry anymore, I'll be right here keeping an eye and when we stop I'll wake you up. There's nothing to be afraid about." I said. I wish I could promise him and mean it.
"Thank you" he said. I nodded and watched as he leaned his head against the side of the van, closing his eyes. I kept my gaze up, not wanting look down at Amelia. I knew if I did, I would want to kill Mike. It's all his fault.. If he would have just stopped. Then it hit me, what I had completely forgotten.
He turned to me and he smiled. Right before he lunged for the biker. He knew he would kill her. He knew it and he did it anyway. The Mike I knew was gone and it felt as though my heart was crumbling. The man I once loved is gone, as good as dead.