Eyes wide with fear

It happened so quickly, so so quickly. And now I'm staring out the window of the new car with Mia sobbing by side and Andre curled into her side, in attempt to sooth her crying.
"Shit" I kept hearing Mike whisper. Terry wiped the blood from his hands and he sighed, hanging his head.

We were packing the car, when I heard Mia shout. Me Mike and Terry headed around the side of the building, Jake had untied himself and was now dragging Mia away, pulling viciously at her arm and she struggled and whined.
"Leave her alone!" I shouted before running over.
"Let her go Man! You don't wanna do this!" Terry shouted. As we got closer Jake pulled Mia towards him before grabbing her around the neck.
"Jake you gotta let her go right now" Mike said as Jake stepped slowly backwards heading for the trees. Mia was struggling for breath, her face had began to turn a pink colour and her eyes were wide with fear.
"Jake I can't let you do this" I said, pulling out my katana and holding it infront of me.
"I can't let you do this man" Mike said and he began to walk closer to Jake, his gripped tightened on Mia and she struggled to keep her eyes open, still gasping for breath.
"Leave us alone!" Jake shouted. Then I saw them. 2 biters stumbled out from the woods and they lunged for Jake. He screeched with fear, letting go of Mia who fell to the floor, still gasping for breath.
"Shit" Terry said. Jake pushed one of the biters back but the second grabbed his shoulders and pushed him onto his back. The biter bit into Jakes neck, pulling away the flesh as blood oozed from his neck. The other biter now headed from Mia who was still on the floor.
"Mia watch out!" I shouted, still, running towards her. Mike and Terry headed for Jake. Mia scrambled away from the walker on her back, when I finally reached her I kicked the walker in the stomach sending it backwards, before quickly stabbing it in forehead. Mike had Terry had took down the other walker with a crowbar and they now kneeled by Jakes side. Terry held Jakes neck, trying to stop the blood, but it was useless, he was going to to turn no matter what.
"No... Please no.." Mia began to sob. She pulled herself up before running to Jakes side. He looked up at her with his sad eyes.
"I'm sorry" he whispered.
"Don't you say your sorry, you did nothing.. I love you" Mia sobbed.
"I love you too" Jake whispered, his hand reached out to her cheek and he wiped away some of her tears before his eyes rolled backwards and closed. Mike stepped away, giving Mia space. But Terry sat limp at Jakes side, his breathing heavy.
"We have to destroy the brain, otherwise he'll come back" Mike said.
"I know" I sighed. I walked over to Mia and I put my hand on her shoulder.
She turned around before saying "do what you got to do". She knew it, I knew it, we all knew it. I stood by the side of Jakes head, and held my katana down. Before plunging it down into his head. Mia let out a whine then turned away.
"Guys we got to go!" Mike said, there were 5 more biters heading down the road towards us. I helped up Mia by her shoulders and put my arm around her, she sobbed into my shoulder but walked with me towards the car. Mike held Andre who was still asleep.
"C'mon T" Mike said. Terry still sat by Jakes side, he looked down at his blood hands before standing up and following us towards the car.

Eventually Mia had stopped crying, when she fell asleep. Her face was wet with tears, she leaned on the car window. Andre by her side. I sat by Andre's side, he looked up towards me and whispered "is Mia okay mommy?".
"She will be soon baby" I whispered back, he leaned into my side and closed his eyes. I ran my hand through his thin hair and closed my eyes.
When Andre had fell asleep Mike said "Atlanta is 150 miles away, we should make it by tomorrow night, we can't go along the highway" Mike said.
"What if it's not there man?" Terry said.
"We keep going, find somewhere new." He replied.
"Somewhere safe for Andre and Mia" I said. Mike nodded.

A few hours later Mia woke up, she rubbed her sore eyes before looking over at me. And I took her hand. "Should get to Atlanta sometime tomorrow" I said, I tried to fake a smile. Mia nodded, before looking back out her window, still gripping my hand.

Mia's point of view;

I pressed my forehead against the window, the cold glass cooled my boiling head. My eyes stung painfully and my cheeks burned. I felt Michonne squeeze my hand, her comfort calmed me down. I swallowed back my tears. I couldn't get his face out of my head, there was so much blood. So much blood. And it's all my fault. I should have helped him more and he would be okay. He would be here next to me. It's all my God damn fault. How am I meant to survive with out him. I need him. I can't do it without him, I felt a tear fall down my cheek. I stared out of the window, watching the trees as we drove past. I thought I would be happy to be on our way to Atlanta but now I want nothing more than to curl up in Jakes arms. I can't process what happened, it still feels like a dream. It's all my fault, it's all my fault, the tears fell again and I closed my eyes. I wanted to cry, and scream and shout all at the same time. As now I am ridden with guilt. I turned to Michonne.
"I'm sorry" I whispered.
"Hey you don't need to be sorry for anything, you hear me, nothing is your fault Mia" she held my hand with both of her hands.
"I'm sorry you had to.. Put him down.. I should have never put that upon you" Another tear fell from my cheek.
"Times are going to be tough Mia and I am going to be here to help you through." She wiped the tear from my cheek. And I lay back in the seat and let my eyes close, sending me back to sleep.