My Thoughts on Miraculous Ladybug and Why I Decided to Write this FanFiction.

Hi there everyone! Thanks for clicking on this sorry excuse of a fic. If you are a new reader, you can just go ahead and skip this, but I ask you to please come back later.

I'm actually writing this while I'm working on chapter 12, but I feel like I need to clarify a lot of things. I will explain everything from my own perspective and give some insight into where this story will be going and why it will be going there. 

Everyone, I ask that you just listen first, even if you don't agree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Please just keep it civil in the comments. Anyway, I'll try to keep my thoughts as neat as possible.

So let's start from the beginning. (I started the fic near the end of season 3.)

WHY SEASON 3 MADE ME RETHINK EVERYTHING ABOUT MIRACULOUS:

Back during season 2 (It was right before Gorizilla came out), I was a HUGE fan of Miraculous. It was all I could think about. I would watch and re-watch the episodes, check everyday for news and spoilers, draw the characters, fantasize, and read fanfictions. To put it plainly I was obsessed. 

Then season 3 came along. Lila showed up again. The fandom went ballistic and overflowed with salt. As I began to understand why everyone was salty, I started to become unsatisfied and dissapointed. I was disappointed in the other characters' ways of thinking. 

REALLY Adrien, lies don't hurt anyone?

Alya, did YOU fact check?

MARINETTE, you can't just break into someone's house like that! (Onichan)

Yup, even Marinette.

Anyways, WHAT WAS WITH THAT STATUE EPISODE?!

Was I supposed to laugh? I couldn't go a single minute in that episode without cringing. To put it plainly, I was not fun to see Marinette embarrass herself and get her heart broken like that. 

Another thing, WHY DID THEY JUST THROW OUT ALL OF CHLOE'S CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AWAY!?

Like, Wut? It doesn't make sense to give her a lot of potential just to make her the bad guy over and over again. (BTW: I'm not hating on the show. I understand that things need to progress in the show. I'm so glad that Miraculous exists and am so proud of the creators and everyone who works on the show.)

Also: I know that Adrien redeemed himself (I believe in Onichan?). I started this fic before that episode. 

THINGS ARE WRITTEN THE WAY THEY ARE FOR A REASON~ WE MIGHT CHANGE OUR MINDS AGAIN:

I know my fic riles up some unpleasant feelings towards many of the show's characters. But I just want everyone to remember that we all make mistakes. I think it is important to address and fix your mistakes. I also think it is important to try to become a best version of yourself. It is impossible to be the perfect person according to society's rules, but we should all follow some sort of morals and ethics to keep ourselves in check.

For example: Lila had a chance to fix everything (Chameleon), but decided not to. I didn't think it was the right time to redeem herself either. We don't know very much about Lila or her past. We don't know why she does things the way she does. When we do learn more about her and her drive, I think it would be the perfect time to redeem her since, we, the watchers, will probably think that she is likeable then.

In the beginning, I'm sure most of us never liked Chloe because of the way she acted. But as more information on Chloe came in, I saw more and more people wishing for Chloe's redemption, including me. 

While Chloe's redemption seems far, far away, I know it is possible. Same with Lila. I also think it will be the same with Felix, although I will be writing a similiar plot line for him in my fic.

GABRIEL AGRESTE:

Okay, I know I just talked about giving the characters chances, but right now, Gabriel Agreste has gone too far.

I don't think I really need the explain myself on this. The episode Chat Blanc does that for me.

But then again, even if Adrien's father had gone too far, I'm still wishing (hoping and praying) for his redemption.

MY FIC:

So somewhere in one of my author's notes at the end of each chapter, I stated that this fic will be as close to Canon as possible.

Scratch that. Delete it from your memory. Its too late now.

I've decided to add some of my OCs to help the flow of the story. I've decided to add backsories to some character that haven't been further developed yet (mainly Felix).

FELIX:

In Miraculous, Felix is a chracter that would do anything for the people he cares about (namely his mother). I don't plan to change that. 

I will be quoting a fan's comment. This comment is from Staterfe on Archive Of Our Own and was commented on chapter 7 of my fic. It really gave me a new perspective on Felix's character. It was originally written in Spanish, but I have translated it (to the best of my abilities) to english so that most of you can understand it.

"What I love about Felix is ​​that he is honest with himself. He doesn't lie to himself. He only loves his mother and that matters a lot to him. That is, he is protective of the people he loves and does not care about the opinion of others and plays with that at his convenience. I don't care if you change the part that takes away the sense that one does not have to change for others. Felix does not have to show that he changed, only those who love him should understand how he behaves and that his actions are good even if they do not seem so."

This comment basically explains how I will base Felix's character in my fic. In another one of their comments (chapter 5), she/he also explains how the current Felix feels about Marinette. Again, I have translated this to the best of my abilities. Forgive me if their opinion is not properly conveyed.

"Felix is ​​not interested in Marinette, he thinks that she is pathetic. Something that is hatched for his convenience. After all, that's how he is. And I like it, not many fight for what they want. I just hope he changes his mindset of Mari by discovering her identity and can connect the dots that she's not as pathetic as she looks. I also hope he needs her more as Marinette than as Ladybug."

Thank you so much Staterfe! You really gave me good insight. 

Another thing: Many of you must be wondering why this story is Felix x Marinette.

I saw the miraculous PV (for those of you who are wondering what that is, just search it up on youtube) before the original show and it alway stuck with me. I've always liked where two opposites are attracted to each other (in terms of personality). I'm also a secondhand Adrien x Marinette and Luka x Marinette shipper, but I was never able to forget Felix. I was screaming my head off when the news came out that the creators would bring him back in the show.

I know that Miraculous will 99.99% end off with Adrien x Marinette, but just let a girl dream. I have a feeling that Felix will either end up with Lila or Kagami.

WHERE MY FIC WILL PROBABLY END AT:

This fic is a fix-it so it will have a happy ending. I will try to give as many charaters a happy ending, depending on what you guys want.

Starting next week on Sunday (September 6, 2020) I will begin to update this fic once a week on Sunday.

I estimate that fic will have around 50-75 chapters.

ANYWAYS...

Comment below if you need me to clarify something. If I realize that I might have not made much sense, so this explanation is prone to change.

As always thank you for reading, chapter 12 will be out on Sunday. Also to the new readers: WELCOME! (great timing I know).

Bye!!!

Written on: 8/23/20