It was a photo taken at the perfect moment when a rough wave crushed on a hard rock.

To others it would look like a very common photo there was nothing special to it but the more I stare at it the more it drew me towards it.

At a glance, it shows roughness, harshness, and boldness with the massive rough waves crushing hardly against the rocks but once you look closely, pay your attention and look past the harshness you would notice the calmness hidden behind reflecting the golden rays of the setting sun,
that can soothe and heal your soul and give you the tranquility that you have never found before.

I turned around to see the one that has crushed me with its rough waves again and again but has also given me peace with its calmness that I have never found in my life before.

Mr. Martínez kept his glace at me in between as he continued with his chat.

“You like that one?”

I turned to see David standing next to me.

“Yeah I-it’s beautiful,” I said giving him a soft smile.

“Thank you,” he said giving a bow.

That is when I noticed it was one of his photos.

He really is a good photographer.

As he continued with his behind story of this shot Mr. Martínez joined in.

We spend some time there watching other photographs.

It was around 7:30 when we waved David goodbye.

Though I was panicking at first I really did enjoy coming here.

We got inside his car and he drove in.

I leaned against the window enjoying the breeze touching my skin.

I couldn’t help but think of Mr. Martínez’s words from this evening.

He has been a little too gentle and calm in my presence for the past couple of days after I kind of open up to him.

Sometimes it feels like he is being gentle out of pity and then sometimes it feels so genuine.

I was too lost in my thoughts that I didn’t notice he has taken the opposite route to my house.

As the unknown scenery came to my view the worst possibilities started to fill up my head.

The car came to a sudden halt.

Mr.Martínez walked out and opened the door for me.

I sat there staring at him blankly.

“Come on.”

“Huh?”

“Come on you’ll see.”

I did as he said.

I was so busy panicking that I didn’t notice the giant Ferris wheel in front of me.

There were little shops here and there decorated with bright fairy lights.

It’s a small fair.

The place was neither empty nor filled with people.

Two-three rides were also set up at the end.

But why did he bring me to a fair?

As we walked inside there was a sitting arrangement in front of a small lake where two families with kids and some couples were sited.

We walked in front of an empty seat and sat down.

“Uhm Mr. Martínez why…….” before I could finish my sentence his phone rang.