Chapter 26

Shuijing

"Where are you? What is taking so long?" Ah Si complained through the phone and I sighed.

"Calm down Ah Si! I'm near the gate okay? So calm your pineapple head!" I said as I hung up and walked out. I had just arrived from Paris and a 7-hour flight is less than relaxing when you're bombarded with at least 20 emails and messages from a bored and annoyed Daoming Si the moment your feet touch the ground.

It was cold in Canada with the snow and all but the sky was clear and was painted a beautiful shade of blue with the sun shining brightly.

I had on a plain black T-shirt tucked into black skinny jeans under a black zip-up leather jacket with some black suede block-heeled ankle boots and a light gray beanie. I held my phone and passport on one hand and my suitcase in the other. I also had on some black sunglasses and on my ring finger was a silver diamond-encrusted ring with a small opal stone in the middle.

"Shuijing!"I heard a voice call out and saw Ah Si at the end of the gate waving his arms like a crazy person. I laughed and walked faster to meet him halfway.

"Hey." I said as he pulled me in for a hug. His eyebrows furrowed.

"You look tired. You okay? You don't normally wear sunglasses." He pointed out and I nodded.

"Just sleepy Ah Si." I said and gave him a smile. He nodded and grabbed my suitcase from me as we walked out. He called over the car and asked the driver to place my suitcase in the trunk while I got in. He sat beside me.

"Get some sleep. I'll wake you up when we get there." He said as he pulled out his phone to call the housekeeper. I nodded as I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I didn't know how long I was asleep for when I felt Ah Si shaking me awake.

"Shuijing. Get up, we're here." He said as I groaned and stretched. I looked out the window to see a gorgeous mansion on top of a hill. I smiled.

"Shui? Come on hurry up! I wanna go inside already!" Ah Si complained as he hurried to the house. I followed suit while the driver brought my luggage up to the house. Once I got inside, I looked around for the others but it was empty. Ah Si passed me a tub of mango ice cream and a spoon while he ate his vanilla flavored one.

"Where are they?" I asked as I opened the tub.

"Ximen texted me earlier. He said they were coming but that was an hour ago." He said as he sat down near the fire. I walked over and sat beside him. And not even five minutes later, I heard the door open.

"Why is the fireplace burning? Did the attendant come and prepare the fire first?" I heard a voice say and my heart slightly ached. I missed that voice.

"Daoming Si!" She heard Shancai's voice call out which made her turn around and face everyone.

"You're so late. What kind of plane can be that slow?" Ah Si complained as he stood up and offered me a hand as I stood up as well. I looked at them and smiled.

"Hey, guys." I said as I laughed. Lei smiled and came over to hug me.

"It's good to see you Shui." He said as he patted my back before pulling away and standing beside me.

"Shuijing!" Shancai exclaimed as she looked at me.

"Hi, Shancai. I forgot to give you my congratulations after the competition. Congratulations!" I said as I gave her a smile and she walked over and hugged me.