Chapter 50

Shuijing

THE NEXT DAY

We all couldn't sleep the entire night. I kept thinking about what Auntie had said. Out of all people, she wants me to marry Ah Si. As if I would ever agree but I was scared about what she meant that she had ways to make me agree to it.

We were outside the mansion, talking about what to do next. We camped out in Ximen's and my car.

"You look tired." He said as he rubbed my shoulder. I lightly sniffled.

"I couldn't stop thinking about what she said about making ways to make me agree." I said.

"Whatever she has planned for you, we'll make sure it doesn't happen Shui." Ximen assured.

"I'm not scared for me Xi, I'm scared for you guys. For my family. My loved ones. Auntie knows that I'm not that weak so I'm sure she'll go after you guys to make me do what she wants. What if she comes after your families?" I said weakly.

They went silent, looking at each other.

"Maybe his mom has gone crazy." Ximen suddenly said.

"Crazy with what? Money? The Daoming family has loads of it. Do they really need to merge the companies now?" Meizuo asked in frustration.

"What if it is very urgent?" I added, pondering on why she wanted to merge the Daoming Group with the Jung empire through marriage. Meizuo had a point, the Daoming family has never been one to struggle with money.

"Why? Why is it so urgent?" Meizuo asked again.

"Maybe Daoming Group is doomed." Lei concluded. We all turned to him curiously.

"Lei, why do you say that?" Ximen asked.

"The employee who stabbed Ah Si said that he was treated poorly by the Daoming Group hotel. That's why he took revenge on Ah Si. Maybe all the hotels are doing poorly." Lei explained.

"If that's the case, then they have a huge problem. Can we do anything to help?" Meizuo asked.

"The most urgent thing now is to keep Ah Si from doing anything he'll regret because of this." Lei said.

"How do we do that?" Meizuo asked.

"Find Shancai." Lei replied and I nodded. Shancai was our only hope. If the Daoming Group was really struggling, there's no doubt that Ah Si would agree to the marriage. He would never want to see the company that his father built and loved so much to fall.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We knocked on Shancai's front door and when she opened the door, we frowned, even more, when we saw her somber expression. Worry was evident all over her face. She looked like she hadn't slept all night but then again, who in their right mind can sleep not knowing where their fiancé was?

She looked at us one by one before turning around, letting us inside the house.

"Shancai, have you eaten?" Lei asked the poor girl who at any moment looked like she was going to collapse.

"You don't have to comfort me. Just tell me. How is Ah Si doing right now?" She asked us.

We all looked at each other, figuring out how to break the news to her.

"Tell me. I'm prepared. Didn't you come to tell me the bad news? I can tell from your eyes." She told us and I sighed.

"Shancai. According to Auntie's plans, Shuijing and Ah Si are going to get married soon." Ximen revealed. Shancai's eyes widened.