Chapter 9

Shuijing

It felt weird going home without Jie in the house. I felt lonely and kinda sad but I was happy that she finally was going to be with Lei and have her own happily ever after. I wondered when I would have one too.

I had just gotten out of the shower when Ah Si had texted me to meet up in a nearby restaurant. I texted him back saying I'll be there in 20 mins.

I changed into a long-sleeved black and white plaid button-up dress with some black tights and black high heeled lace-up ankle boots. I brushed through my hair and placed a black beret neatly on my head. I grabbed my car keys from my dresser and placed it in my black crossbody bag along with my phone and wallet. I headed downstairs, locked the front door, and got into my car. I drove to the restaurant to find Ah Si sitting down near a window-side table. I walked over to him and sat across from him as I said hi. He looked up from his phone, gave me a small smile, and looked back down again. He seemed to be really concentrated on what he was reading. My eyebrows furrowed so I just waited for Meizuo and Ximen to arrive. And when they did, they walked up behind him to try and peek at what he was reading.

"Is this your secret weapon to get girls?" Ximen asked as he grabbed Ah Si's phone and passed it to Meizuo to read aloud.

"Limited edition aphrodisiac perfume to attract the other sex." Meizu read and I laughed out loud which caused Ximen and Meizuo to laugh as well. This was ridiculous!

"This is the funniest joke I've ever seen." Meizuo teased as Ah Si began to blush in embarrassment.

"Ah Si, you know what? My friend is the one selling the perfume. Should I order one for you?"Ximen asked teasingly as I shook my head in laughter.

"Ah Si, you better stash that away properly. We won't have you ruin F4's reputation if people found out." Meizuo said as he gave Ah Si his phone back.

"Go away." Ah Si answered back in annoyance. Ximen sat beside Ah Si while Meizuo sat beside me.

"Come on, you're wasting your resources. You've got two love experts right here. Why are you reading that nonsense?" Meizuo proudly stated which made me snort.

"I highly doubt that. If you two are experts then how come your relationships don't last more than a week?" I prodded as I turned to look at the two.

"At least we've had relationships Shuijing. I don't recall you having a boyfriend or ever liked someone for that matter." Ximen smugly answered as Meizuo and Ah Si laughed.

"Hey! I may not have had a boyfriend but I have liked someone!... Pretty sure I still like him until now.." I defended, whispering the last part to myself but they all heard it.

"WHAT? Who is it Shuijing?" Ah Si asked.

"What makes you think I'll tell you?" I teased as I drank my wine.

"Oh come on!" Ximen pleaded as Meizuo just looked at me, clearly waiting for the answer himself. I sighed.

"It doesn't matter if I tell you who it is or not," I answered as I looked down.

"Why's that?" Meizuo asked and I looked deeply into his eyes. 'Because I know you'll never see me that way... And I'm scared to get hurt.' I thought.

"It's complicated okay? Can we focus on Ah Si's love life first?" I said, trying to avoid the subject. They hummed in approval and turned back to Ah Si.

"First, we want to know. Who's the target?" Ximen asked which made Ah Si choke on his drink. Ximen dutifully patted his back. He then turned to me and Meizuo with a smile.