Chapter 11

Shuijing

It was about 7 pm when I woke up. My fever had gone down, and I was feeling a lot better after eating and drinking my medicine. I sat up and turned my head. Meizuo's jacket was lying on a chair, but he wasn't in the room with me.I smelled the aroma of green tea and proceeded to get up from the bed. I grabbed my sweater and slippers and walked downstairs.

"Zuo?" I called out, as I stepped down from the last stair.

"Hey. What are you doing up?" he said as he carried a mug of green tea.

"I smelled something and came down to see what it was." I said as he passed me the mug. I gave him a smile and drank the tea.

"That's better." I exclaimed as I inhaled the scent. He gave me a smile and grabbed another mug for himself.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, as he drank his tea.

"A lot better actually." I answered as I sipped my tea. He smiled.

"That's good to hear." he said. I stared at him.

"What? Is my handsome face that distracting?" He teased as I blushed.

"Ew. Please. Don't be gross please!" I joked as he feigned a hurt expression and placed his hand on his heart.

"How could you be so cruel?" he said as he fake sobbed which I laughed at.

"Oh, whatever!" I laughed harder and smiled at his antics.

"Hey, Zuo?" I said.

"Hmph. What?" he said as he pouted jokingly.

"Thank you." I said as I gave him a smile. His pout dropped and his eyebrows rose.

"For what?" he asked curiously.

"For taking care of me." I said sincerely. He placed his arm around my shoulders and pulled me in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around his torso and smiled.

"I'll always be here okay? No matter what. Besides, I'm the only one who can look at your ugly face when you're sick anyway." he joked, as my jaw dropped.

"Oh really?" I said, as I slowly grabbed a pillow from the couch and smiled at him mischievously. His eyes widened slightly.

"Shuijing.." he said, as he held his hands up and backed away slowly. I hit him in the stomach and he groaned.

"Oh now it's war." he warned, as he grabbed a pillow and turned to me with a smirk. My eyes widened and I ran away from Meizuo. He continued to chase me around while I laughed harder, as he slipped and fell on his butt.

"Ow!" he exclaimed, as I stuck my tongue out and hit him with the pillow as he laughed in disbelief.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THE NEXT DAY

I was getting ready to go to Mingde to meet the boys for lunch and Meizuo had gone home at half past 10 yesterday because he had to finish up a presentation he and Ximen were working on. I was wearing a white sleeveless fringed-trimming top, black latex pants, and black block-heeled ankle boots. A small gold heart-shaped pendant was around my neck. I had on some small silver cross dangling earrings and my bracelet from Meizuo. I grabbed a white leather jacket and placed my phone, my wallet, and my car keys into my black box clutch. I went downstairs, locked my front door, went to my car, and drove to Mingde.

The boys were already there lining up for food and I waved at them, before proceeding to where Ah Si was seated. He gave me a smile as I sat across from him.