Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

He growls lowly but I don't miss the flash of pain in his eyes.

"I'll kill them..." He mutters darkly.

The honesty in his words sends a shiver down my spine.

"N..no I'm fine!..see?" I try to smile but I'm sure it comes  out looking like a grimace.

"They hurt you!" He yells before cursing lowly under his breath. I stare at him wide eyed and can't help but feel scared. He is crazy.

Suddenly he yanks my arm making me yelp loudly. He pulls me through a door and down a long corridor. As we travel further into the dark, a horrid smell hits my nose. I want to gag at the putrid scent and I immediately know where he is taking me. The cells.

He throws open a metal door and the smell becomes overwhelming. I gasp and cover my nose cursing my werewolf sense of smell.

"You get used to it." My captor grunts.

We continue through another corridor and down some stairs until we finally come to a silver door. Silver is toxic to us werewolves so its no surprise that they have the place laced in it. The smell alone was burning my nose.

Stepping into the cell area he latches his hand around me again making me wince. Let's put this mate thing to the test.

"...C-could you loosen your grip?..Y-you are hurting me." I plead. I soften my voice and I even add a little whimper making me sound completely pathetic but it might just save my life so...

His hold loosens slightly and I sigh audibly making him look somewhat guilty. Then a look crosses his face that makes me incredibly nervous. A look I recognize as the way Charlie looks at me or the way I look at him or even my kids. A look of love.

I don't even have the chance to panic before I'm thrown back into the present where I currently stand in front of the three rogues whom had hurt me. They stood guarding the cell where Dani and Alison were huddled. On closer inspection they both appear to be unharmed.

Standing off to the side in order to create distance between myself and him, I watch the chaos unfold.

Dani's POV

Fear.

I was practically shaking curled up beside my aunt who tried to calm me down but to no avail. Her whispered words of assurance did nothing to calm my racing heart. My wolf doesn't even bother trying to tell me that everything is going to be fine because we both know she would be lying.

My heart was pounding against my ribcage when my mom was taken by the rogues. I had screamed out when she suddenly fell to the ground after being hit over the head by a smirking rogue with a huge scar on his face. They had just laughed and hastily picked her up. I could only stand there watching as tears helplessly fell from my eyes.

That's when I heard him.

His voice.

I couldn't believe it. Of all people, I couldn't believe that he was here...like he promised. My mind had raced with images of my past. Memories of my pack behind viciously slaughtered. Just like the night I watched my parents die in front of me as a rogue held me from behind...all I could was watch.

I watched as he commanded his followers to take my mom upstairs. And that's when I knew I had to do something. I had leapt forward shouting and screaming profanities at them only to be struck hard causing me to fall on the cold cell floor. One of the rogues stood sneering down at me before turning away and leaving with the others.

Alison had crawled over to me and it was then that I had noticed her condition. A large bruise covered half her face and she had tears streaming down her cheeks. She looked broken. We had stayed in each others arms for what felt like hours before the metal door opened once again.