Chapter Fourteen

EDITED

************

Thanks to everyone who has voted and commented in previous chapters:)

***********

Charlie's POV:

My head was swimming with thoughts of my mate along with my wolf shouting at me to run faster. My heart was pumping fast as my feet pounded against the soft ground. I could feel the emotions of my boys through our family link and I couldn't ignore the fear, confusion and anger coming from my mate. My pack had quickly joined with our small group as we ran together to my family. I tried to contact Katie and the guards using our packlink but I wasn't able to get a response only making me run faster.

I felt like an idiot. I should have stayed with my family. Females are easy prey to any rogue wanting revenge or even a hunter trying to take down a pack. If a Female Alpha is targeted for any reason then the Alpha of the pack becomes an easy target for rogues or hunters thus endangering the whole pack. Packs all over the world have been taken down by this method but I have no intention of letting it happen to my pack. As an Alpha I have to do everything in my power to keep my pack and family safe. I should have gone to the spa with the girls so I could have kept them safe. I should have doubled the amount of guards. I should have...

* "That's not going to help them! Shut up and concentrate! We are almost there." 

I nod shaking my head of my wayward thoughts. I need to be on alert. I can't be distracted by anything. I look to my side to see my Beta Chris. He nods in the direction of the trees ahead. Our group breaks through the trees stopping in a small clearing. Turning to my pack I quickly tell them the situation.

" My mate and kids are in danger. Stay in groups and stay alert. We don't know what or who we are dealing with...rogues or hunters." Growls rumble through the clearing making my wolf look on in pride. It was quite comforting to see the pack react so strongly to their news of their Luna and family.

I look towards the boys who looked ready to kill. I forgot that three of them were missing their mates and by the looks of it their wolves were close to taking over. I snarl at them warningly.

" Stay with the group. We'll find your mates so don't do anything stupid." They nod before directing their full attention to the treeline. Giving a small sigh I turn and charge through the green shrubs. The closer I got to the building the stronger my mates and daughters scents got.

Our groups split up as we enter stealthily into the building. Some pack warriors travel with the packs and I notice at least two wolves surrounding each of my boys. I would have to thank my pack later for their loyalty that that show to me and my family every day. I lead my group in through the main entrance and the sight that I walk into makes my stomach clench with nervousness.

"What the-?" I hear my Betas voice echoe.

I look around the silent room taking in the damage. The unconcious bodies of the guards lay carelessly on the ground. I shift pulling on a pair of shorts that are handed to me as I assess the room.

"Two groups stay here and tend to the fallen. One group is on guard while the rest come with me. Now move."

Come on where are you? We walk through the empty corridors and deserted rooms with no sign of my mate or girls. There wasn't even a worker walking around the place which certainly worried me. Different scenarios were running through my head, none of them pleasant. Getting anxious fast I kick open each door and start throwing orders to my men.

I feel my wolf come to the surface as a new but familiar smell hangs in the air. I inhale deeply and snarl loudly when I recognise the scent. The same scent that came from Katie's bracelet.