Chapter Twenty

Well its the summer I graduated from high school and I finished my exams:-) I'm going to try update every weekend if I can so expect more:-P

Thanks to my faithful readers who have stuck with me this far!

Now on with the story....

EDITED

Katie fans are going to hate me:O muahahaha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katie's POV:

Have you ever felt completely lost or utterly helpless? Have you ever been in so much pain that you just wish for an easy way out? Wish for someone to just come and save you and put you out of your misery?

It's in these times when someone loses themselves. They only want to escape the pain that clutches them leaving them gasping for breath. It's this type of torture that makes them have thoughts that they would never usually have. Time locked in darkness with just yourself and your thoughts can change a person. The thoughts that used to boost you up begin to change to a sinister whisper ready to bring you down.

No one deserves such pain. I don't deserve this pain. Everyone should have a knight to rescue them. Give a happy ending to a fairytale. There are people out there who are lucky enough to find a way out, to live life and move on. But I'm not one of them.

They may be able to escape physically but mentally? They will always be trapped and will forever be haunted by their memories. There is never an escape.

That's why I gave up. Locked in this dungeon tortured for hours just for his sick pleasure. I want out. I can't stay here any longer. I started hearing the voices a few days ago and now I think I'm finally going crazy. They aren't nice voices if there ever was such a thing. They are cruel and whisper into the deadly silence telling me things, bad things.

They want me to hurt myself. They tell me it will take the pain away. That I can finally escape him. No one will be able to touch me for I will be free. Free from pain. I tried to ignore them at first but it's hard when it's all I can hear. They only get louder. And soon I find myself intently listening.

I stare aimlessly down at my legs. I forget sometimes. I go to move them and then suddenly the bitter truth strikes my heart and I'm left feeling numb all over. Not just my legs. I don't know how it happened. My guess is that Kyle cut too deep into my back and hit a nerve or something.

When I woke up after losing consciousness I found myself lying on a dirty mattress thrown into the corner. After trying to move around a bit I figured that someone must have tried to fix me up while I was out. They had put bandages across my back but they are practically soaked through now. Kyle doesn't want me dead yet.

I couldn't move. No chance of me escaping now which only dampered my mood even more. I now had to rely on a guardian angel of some sort. Maybe Charlie will-

Forget him. He left you here. He let you suffer. He did this.